3/17 - PASR Celebration / Gaper Day / St. Patrick's at Blue

IwantIceCream

I don't get the prominence stat. How's it different from vertical?

Prominence is basically how tall the mountain is compared to the surrounding area. If the surrounding area is high elevation already, a really high peak doesn't appear as prominenent. For example, in Colorado there are 14k foot peaks, but the surrounding area is 5-10k feet elevation so the mountains dont look as big.

This was an excellent season for me. The conditions at blue were so random that I became a better skier just by having to deal with the variable conditions. I really enjoyed meeting a few of the PASR's. Due to knowing who you were through the chat room, meeting you all had a feeling of meeting celebrities.

I wholly agree. In a certain weird way I actually enjoyed the "adventure" of not knowing what exactly I would find and have to learn to negotiate from week to week. Would still prefer some consistency next season. A "second" to ZZ's comments about "it was nice to meet PASRs" - I only grabbed onto that at the tail end of the season - hope to meet more of you next year. :yes

- Bill aka IwantIceCream

Edited by IwantIceCream

you remind me of every character molly ringwald has ever played

Who?

Make skiing a priority in your life if you wanna ski more. Start going without Bob..

Husband, family, responsibilities, fun. That's the order unfortunately.

Lets say December! And also to the new shape of my left leg molding into my boot sometime between then and now.

December it is!

Make skiing a priority in your life if you wanna ski more. Start going without Bob..

agreed. i live in philly with a full time job in south jersey. get housework done midweek after work to free up your weekends. take long weekends to go up to VT. i still got out 30+ days this year. it's the least i've had in years, but weather didn't help my cause by not providing any skiing in november or april this year. there's always ways to free up some time to get on snow, even if it is just for a 2-3 hour trip up to spring or bear or something smaller/closer.

• Like 1