subaru, finally!

Shadows

something exciting! i was kind of gettin bummed on the direction of the legacy sedans and the tribeca and new outbacks a bit. the wrx's are still ok i suppose. i dont know, bug eye for life.

i didnt even know this car was in the works but my dealer just got it in yesterday i noticed. will be taking a test drive in a couple days just for the hell of it. kind of pissed its not AWD.

http://www.zercustoms.com/news/Subaru-BRZ.html

http://www.tune86.com/ft-86-news/15850-subaru-brz-sti-concept-coming-la-auto-show

RWD, square bore, natural 2.0. STI version too.

Subaru-BRZ-14.jpg

Volkswagen-Scirocco-Tuned-by-JMS-Racelook-Zone-Rear-Side-View-575x384.jpg

i kinda like these small entry level tuners :glare:

the subie just looks like they werent sure if they wanted smooth rounded body lines or squared off and sharp. so they went with both and it looks dumb. the roof line is on point though.

my first car was a 2 door hatchback so i like smaller cars.

• Like 1

The BRZ is the fun result of a Toyota/Subaru collaboration. You can get a pretty good understanding of the 'why' behind the car by reading what the majority of the automotive press has said about it. Basically their hype is that for the money it is one of the best driver's cars available. They used a Cayman throughout testing and development as the benchmark for the car. You don't have to like it, but personally I've had a blast driving it and just about everyone I've spoken with who has driven one has really enjoyed it (almost every dealer I've spoken with will not let customers test drive it unless they've got money down on the car; interested in where Dan drove one...).

Yes its not purely a Subaru and there are a number of other things one could criticize on it, but at the end of the day its another fun car on the market pushing other manufacturers to make similar cars - and thats fine by me.

Chris Harris has a first drive vehicle (I enjoy most of his vids):

[media=]

[/media]

Two development vids that explain the engineering and development behind the car:

Edited by snorovr

ill go through those vids later. good stuff man.

the dealer i drove it from was one i was about to start a tech gig at so i built up a relationship kind of. more or less just kept going in and talking shit with him cause its on the way to the gym./track. the sales manager is a huge car guy, not much of a salesman so it was cool. he took me for a ride in it and i kept buggin him, so he pulled over and let me see whats good.

he had the car for 2 days. i dont think he sold it, i think he was just floating it around dealers. he might have even just bought it.

Yes its not purely a Subaru and there are a number of other things one could criticize on it, but at the end of the day its another fun car on the market pushing other manufacturers to make similar cars - and thats fine by me.

i like this though. theres been a lot of pretty awesome smaller cars comin out now.

i cant really name many off the top of my head ive seen in the past 2 years but mazda came out with a new electric, as well as hyundai with the blue line. and im REAL stoked on seeing fiats poppin up.