2012/2013 Season Improvements.

Kyle

Do we have one from BC?? I don't think I've ever seen him post on here. I haven't been here long though. You would think with the amount of BC chatter that goes on in here they would pop in and post here and there, I mean hell we're four pages deep discussing their mountain with this thread alone. Seems like a PR opportunity if I've ever seen one. I know Tom does a pretty good job of keeping everyone posted on the parks as the season is underway. A little friendly dialogue would probably go a long way towards some respect and some new business, I know I've seen several people on here already state that they would like to check out BC this year whether it be their events, biking, or skiing in the upcoming season.

I don't think doug tries to run people off, just kinda has an abrasive attitude.......not mean either, just sort of odd maybe?? That's saying it in a nice way I guess. Confusingly passionate about posting I guess would be another way to put it.

Maybe I could apply to be a social media rep for BC. I guess they post up a lot more over on the book of faces though.

PASR exclusive!!21!11!!!!! I'm working on a replacement for the 4x20 box right now. It was too beat up to even fix by the time I got around to it last summer so that's why it sat out last season. After that I'm on to some more curvy/wavy features. I'll put pics up on the facespace as I finish stuff.

PASR exclusive!!21!11!!!!! I'm working on a replacement for the 4x20 box right now. It was too beat up to even fix by the time I got around to it last summer so that's why it sat out last season. After that I'm on to some more curvy/wavy features. I'll put pics up on the facespace as I finish stuff.

I'm sure all the hard work will be appreciated. It's nice to see some inside info. Don't scare him away Doug...

Brenton quit using my real name and quit trolling. You don't ride at BC so stay out of this thread....bahahahahaha

neither do you doug. and that is extremely hypocritical to accuse ride delaware of trolling when about 95% or your posts are trolling. at least he's put positive input into this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

long time getting back to this item a few pages back, but the Grill has definitely slipped since i was there the previous winter. We popped in last weekend looking for those great burgers with a half page of burger additions to slop on and were denied. Pisser cause we were looking forward to that and a few crafties. When Franco presided over the grill, the burgers were hand made not frozen perfectly round patties. For crying out loud, for the price BC should at least try a little harder in the lower priced menu area. Anyway, still debating wether im skiing there this year. A bunch of long time friends who ski with the flying dutchment are splitting for Blue cause big wig Mark tweaked them pretty hard last year.

long time getting back to this item a few pages back, but the Grill has definitely slipped since i was there the previous winter. We popped in last weekend looking for those great burgers with a half page of burger additions to slop on and were denied. Pisser cause we were looking forward to that and a few crafties. When Franco presided over the grill, the burgers were hand made not frozen perfectly round patties. For crying out loud, for the price BC should at least try a little harder in the lower priced menu area. Anyway, still debating wether im skiing there this year. A bunch of long time friends who ski with the flying dutchment are splitting for Blue cause big wig Mark tweaked them pretty hard last year.

I'm going to the grill tonight actually to have dinner with my mother haha. I'll post up a report on whatever I grub on. It's been a while since I ate there actually, well a couple months at least.

The dutchmen are a wild bunch. I've been on a couple multiple club ski trips and those folks always seem to be having a great time. Also they seem to always win the races between the local clubs on said trips. Probably the epsc winter carnivals I'm remembering. I think I'm doing the winter carnival this year too so I might see em up there in Canadia, Mont Saint Anne I think is where we're going. Should be a hell of a bus ride.

I'd be curious to hear your opinion on the Grill. A person in our party had some italian/pasta meal which she seemed OK with, but i think when you set the bar high like they did years ago, gain loyal clientel, then slowly start to pull the rug out from under them, it just gets people talking and looking elsewhere. Kind of like the dutchmen situation. Bear Creek woo'd them into the place, away from Spring, Blue Marsh and Blue Mt. with nifty deals and a bit of leeway for their events, and then last year boned 'em pretty hard. Again, management didn't need to worry about pissing off a few people here and there back in the day but since they are starting off this ski season in a hole 7 figures deep, maybe they want to bring back a bit of hospitality to certain groups and maybe stop cutting corners where they once excelled in.

I'd be curious to hear your opinion on the Grill. A person in our party had some italian/pasta meal which she seemed OK with, but i think when you set the bar high like they did years ago, gain loyal clientel, then slowly start to pull the rug out from under them, it just gets people talking and looking elsewhere. Kind of like the dutchmen situation. Bear Creek woo'd them into the place, away from Spring, Blue Marsh and Blue Mt. with nifty deals and a bit of leeway for their events, and then last year boned 'em pretty hard. Again, management didn't need to worry about pissing off a few people here and there back in the day but since they are starting off this ski season in a hole 7 figures deep, maybe they want to bring back a bit of hospitality to certain groups and maybe stop cutting corners where they once excelled in.

Haha Spring mt., that's pretty funny. Who the hell goes to spring anymore??

Anywho, I found the food to be pretty damn good last night. I did go with something I've had before though so it was a safe bet. Their menu is pricey as hell I'll give ya that, not much more pricey than quite a few of the other establishments in the area though. Savory grill, carriage house, and Thatched inn/geryville publik house/ whatever the hell its called now, are all in the 20 some dollar an entree area. I snagged the bacon wrapped meatloaf with some kind of reduced red wine sauce with sauteed onions and garlic mashed to the tune of 23 bucks and a troegs sunshine pils. Moms had the hawiian prime rib, which was basically pineapple and soy marinated, and a loaded baked tater to the tune of 28 bones. He did say it was marinated for like 2 days though, I though it was rather good.

May not be a high class 5 star restaurant but it's pretty good for the prices I suppose. I have no complaints. I'll still eat there every 3 months or so, and it's not a bad place to take a date for a classy dinner.

The place was dead though, but we were there on a tuesday night at 6 so take that for what its worth.

And Sno used to donate to scrantons hospital as well as a variety of other good causes. Anyway PAsux, good to hear, not sure who is doing the cooking there now a days but i guess any higher end restaurant can have a bad night or two. Some of the better restaurants out my way still feature the same chefs for a long time and dont bounce them out after a few seasons, but maybe they'll get stuck on one sooner or later.

it was good when i was there. it seems like all you do is complain.

Yep. Been eating there every season since it opened and it has always been good. The menu changes just about every season which is nice and they have gone from bar food to more high end but it has always been good.
  • Like 1

They have bacon wrapped meatloaf with cheddar jack cheese at Whitehall diner and it comes with mashed potatoes and also soup and maybe salad as well...$9 and something. Paying over $11 for bacon wrapped meatloaf is a rip off. Bear Creak has a lot of nerve.

I would highly doubt any meatloaf, bacon wrapped or not, that you get at a diner could even come close to what the grill serves. I somewhat agree though, reduced red wine sauce or not I don't really feel good paying over 20 bucks for meatloaf. It is super good though. It ain't run o the mill meatloaf that's for sure. Much softer, I'd bet it's not even beef.

I wonder how they're doing with that whole entertainment tax thing that winter brought up earlier in the summer.

• Like 1