2012 - 2013 Season Pass Discount

Saurus

Hey Guys,

I got word from group sales that they will no longer be honoring discounted group season pass rates. However, they now offer "lower rates for all" if you purchase your pass before the end of october. Last season I asked for even lower rates due to the amount of revenue we brought them (it was very significant) and obviously got the denial. Below are the prices for early bird passes:

Earlybird Season Pass Rates (Purchased By 10/31/13) Rate Adult Unlimited
  • Valid open to close, every day
$375 Youth (6-21)/Senior (62-69) Unlimited
$320 Off-Peak
  • Valid any non-resort holiday Monday through Friday, open to close
  • Valid every day after 4pm
  • Valid anytime opening day to 12/23/13
  • Valid anytime 3/3/14 to closing day
$285 Value Pass
  • Valid any non-resort holiday Monday through Thursday open to close
$170 Unlimited Family
  • Valid for IRS dependents and spouses.
$1,490 Off-Peak Family
  • Off-Peak restrictions apply
$1,130 5 & Under/70 & Over $25

That's a bummer! I never was in a position to take advantage of it, but the discount was pretty significant. Thanks for your work Saurus. It doesn't show the price for the unlimited adult, but for the longer season and bigger mountain, it may be almost as good a buy to go to Blue? I know that doesn't work for everyone, and not everyone wants to see GSS every day, but hey, its food for thought.

That's a bummer! I never was in a position to take advantage of it, but the discount was pretty significant. Thanks for your work Saurus. It doesn't show the price for the unlimited adult, but for the longer season and bigger mountain, it may be almost as good a buy to go to Blue? I know that doesn't work for everyone, and not everyone wants to see GSS every day, but hey, its food for thought.

Form their website.

$375 for the adult unlimited.

$320 for senior and youth unlimited.

Blue is $260 more and GSS is there.

Edited by burton71

Hey Guys,

I got word from group sales that they will no longer be honoring discounted group season pass rates. However, they now offer "lower rates for all" if you purchase your pass before the end of october. Last season I asked for even lower rates due to the amount of revenue we brought them (it was very significant) and obviously got the denial.

thanks for checking in about this. kinda sux there's no group discount anymore, but that value pass does look like a good deal for us b/c we usually ski there mon-thurs anyhow.

All day on weekdays, and after 4pm on weekends. I thought about it but an entire season there would make me insane.

Camelback always has the outside shot of opening earlier than Blue and recently has stayed open up to two weeks longer. A whole season wouldn't make sense, but as an extended season or change of pace pass, $199 is a great deal.

#microclimate

Yup

Blue is four times the their season is much longer and at less than half the price...bargain!!!!

BC park > Blue park

And you really can't put enough emphasis on this...its priceless.

not everyone wants to see GSS every day
Edited by burton71
  • Like 1

Camelback always has the outside shot of opening earlier than Blue and recently has stayed open up to two weeks longer. A whole season wouldn't make sense, but as an extended season or change of pace pass, $199 is a great deal.

#microclimate

apologies in advance for the thread jack. I'm always kinda excited to go to cb and use a freebie or whatever and I always leave annoyed or disappointed. Whether it's traffic on 80, shitty snow, the tourists who can't ski riding a roller coaster, the yellow jacket ski police, neon skis, Justin Bieber blasting etc. Blues vibe, trails are light years better. Any way back to Bear Creek.

• Like 1

apologies in advance for the thread jack. I'm always kinda excited to go to cb and use a freebie or whatever and I always leave annoyed or disappointed. Whether it's traffic on 80, shitty snow, the tourists who can't ski riding a roller coaster, the yellow jacket ski police, neon skis, Justin Bieber blasting etc. Blues vibe, trails are light years better. Any way back to Bear Creek.

Agreed, but it is still skiing. Back to BC.

I would say "it's still skiing" and such it up if there were no other options. But with frost, blue, montage and elk in the area, I'll pass.

Back to Bear...

i don't know what you're talking about...there's mad steeps on sasquatch to be had, maybe a cliff or two to huck as well ;)

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

I got word from group sales that they will no longer be honoring discounted group season pass rates. However, they now offer "lower rates for all" if you purchase your pass before the end of october. Last season I asked for even lower rates due to the amount of revenue we brought them (it was very significant) and obviously got the denial. Below are the prices for early bird passes:

Earlybird Season Pass Rates (Purchased By 10/31/13) Rate Adult Unlimited
$375 Youth (6-21)/Senior (62-69) Unlimited
$320 Off-Peak
  • Valid any non-resort holiday Monday through Friday, open to close
  • Valid every day after 4pm
$285 Value Pass
  • Valid any non-resort holiday Monday through Thursday open to close
$170 Unlimited Family
$1,490 Off-Peak Family
  • Off-Peak restrictions apply
$1,130 5 & Under/70 & Over $25

Sad news...That Value Pass is a joke considering their season usually starts second week into December and struggle to last thru March. May have to get an offpeak before the price spike.....probably best to save up and take a few good trips out of town....decisions decisions

The mountain isn't getting any bigger, so it is what it is, but for me the most limiting factor would be the season length. At minimum, it's 3 weeks shorter than most of the other mountains. For the amount you have to shell out for passes nowadays, that's becoming a larger factor all the time.

Sad news...That Value Pass is a joke considering their season usually starts second week into December and struggle to last thru March. May have to get an offpeak before the price spike.....probably best to save up and take a few good trips out of town....decisions decisions

For $170 its not that bad of deal. Approx. 4 trips to the mountain to break even on cost.

• Like 1