Blivers

Not trying to be a dick but can we all agree we understand its weather permitting.

Is there anything we do that isn't weather permitting ?

Hey guys the Yellowstone super caldera just erupted.....so when do you think Bear will open.

We all know. There's just those group of people who don't understand that just because its 32 degrees out doesn't mean a mountain can open

Yeah cause blue makes snow when it's 28

Yes and blue is also more geared towards opening quick as they don't have a hotel and resort to fall back on. Bear is like a second home to me but in the past couple seasons their push to get open has been somewhat lackluster. I know there are many factors that play a part in opening it just seems like it creeps up on them way to quick or their minds are in other places. I could honestly care less when they open as long as the weather doesn't do what it did last year and we don't have anything open until January. I want to ride as much as the next guy but not if its going to be a death ribbon with 5000 people on it.

They were running for a while this morning.

I've never skied Bear Creek. I did ski Doe once in 1995...I'm just being a realist..

They why do you keep posting in this forum? No one really cares what someone who has never been to the mountain thinks.

Edited by burton71

Cause I find it comical how shitty BC is at getting the place open..

Serious question Doug but how long is the sun on blue? I believe it's on bear for a majority of the day since bear faces east. This causes the snow to melt alot quicker.

I thought Bear faces north...Blue gets sun for about an hour a day this time of year...

Can't they use snowmax to blow in marginal conditions?

It might actually. Not too sure I just know we're exposed to direct sunlight for a decent amount of time.

Oh look, Douglass Cu*ting up another BC thread. I think he's just pissed a more southern mountain with half the vert of blue still seems to be showing them up monetarily every year. I'd love to see the numbers.

Bear will open when it opens, before christmas probably, but I'd be surprised if it's as early as the tenth or 14th. I'd be happy don't get me wrong, I just can't rule out a mid december thaw this far south. I don't blame em for not blowing early, also everyone here knows they can blow like mad and open in 2 days when the weather looks really good so I'm not worried that they aren't blowing yet.

Now where is this ignore feature I'm hearing about?? A GSS free Pasr sounds like a dream come true.

• Like 2

I don't blame em for not blowing early, also everyone here knows they can blow like mad and open in 2 days

what i'd like to see is for bc to open up the mtn gradually, building a massive base, instead of trying to get 99% open. i know that last season was warm, but i think that had they built a thicker base the conditions would have been way better and they could have stayed open a couple of weeks longer.