Blivers

Opening on Sunday with trails tba.

Yeah, I have been slacking. Still haven't made a turn this year even though elks been open for awhile. Tomorrow looks like a good day to hit Tunk if we get the storm early.

Christ pasux, Spring cannot compare to BCs snow system and yet you think shit of them for beating bc to the punch. Odd. Well, I'm looking forward to seeing bc mark on the nightly news crying about losing millions again this year. No bonus for him again!

Quality>quantity

I'm looking forward to seeing bc mark on the nightly news crying about losing millions again this year. No bonus for him again!

They can't be doing all that bad, try booking a hotel room for tonight through tuesday, booked solid.

But yeah nice to see you hoping that a mountain that supports the sports that we all love, as well the local economy, does poorly this year. Good job showing your true colors.

Edited by burton71

The fact that they are only opening one trail sucks.

I've been riding at bear for 10 years and it really seems like management cares way less about the skiers and riders that turn out and support them.

They should at least have Kodiak open also. Its going to be a shit storm by 10 o'clock when all the holiday people show up.

Yes bear creek hates its riders. That's why they offer us a season pass discount, discounted tickets tomorrow, dropped 100k on snow guns, blew snow in marginal conditions when they could have easily just said fuck it and not blown at all, not to mention all the other promos bear does. So tell me again how much bear creek hates is customers.

They can't control the weather. Bear isn't the only place being bent over by the big dick of Mother Nature. Blue, camelback, even frost had some problems opening up this year.

You're right though why only open with 1 trail? All or nothing right!

• Like 1

Kyle, I think the only big dick you know of is the one bear creek has so far up your ass you would try and ride down it with grass painted white.

Are you completely oblivious to the things bear does for it's customers? Wow a dick up my ass joke. Haven't heard that one in a while. You and I both know for a fact you would be the same one bitching if they decided not to open tomorrow.

• Like 4

I can't wait for tomorrow so we can go from complaining about management to complaining about the conditions and park setup!

I wouldn't be bitching at all i would just go ride other mountains till they open like i have been.

But in your eyes in this thread bear creek can do no wrong.

I just think as pass holders we should hold them accountable and make them try a little harder then they clearly are.

What exactly would you like them to do? The upgraded 22 guns this season and bought 6 more just to try and get open.

I guess that money could have been better spent on a weather controlling machine.

I wouldn't be bitching at all i would just go ride other mountains till they open like i have been.

But in your eyes in this thread bear creek can do no wrong.

I just think as pass holders we should hold them accountable and make them try a little harder then they clearly are.

Could bear try harder? Of course they can. Am I going to sit on the Internet and bitch about it? No because a multi million dollar company like bear creek isn't going to listen to someone of a message board of like 10 active members.

I'm not riding bear creeks dick at all I've just accepted the fact that it takes them till January to open anything.

My popcorn is running low, this thread goes on and on. Hey Burton, ya know BC was started as a goof by the principals of SMG and compared to their other commercial ventures, BC only makes pennies. Heck, they put a 20 something manager in charge of the place which makes me wonder how serious they really were about making big money... Or care about their pass holders. Hell, I recall a number of days when the cops had to show up and tell mark to stop selling tickets because cars were parked on the road. Shoulda seen the lift lines those days. Yeah, they care... Sometimes.

• Like 1

Yeah, they offered really cheap tickets one weekend, for what reason I forget. Again, they don't limit ticket sales and the cops came twice in a couple of years, by their own accord not bc's. If that's what a 'good job' means to you and passholders, then fair enough. It's the main reason I left for elk... No wifi, no big parks, no collisions, unattractive lodge and enough bland atmosphere to keep the pikers skiing south.

Tomorrow is going to be a mad house. Should lighten the crowds at blue though as Tom dick and Harry are going to be able to bring their 4 kids to bear for the same price as one ticket with less of a drive.

Anyway I hope everyone has a good opening day. I wish I could go but I've got too much stuff to do tomorrow.

My popcorn is running low, this thread goes on and on. Hey Burton, ya know BC was started as a goof by the principals of SMG and compared to their other commercial ventures, BC only makes pennies. Heck, they put a 20 something manager in charge of the place which makes me wonder how serious they really were about making big money... Or care about their pass holders. Hell, I recall a number of days when the cops had to show up and tell mark to stop selling tickets because cars were parked on the road. Shoulda seen the lift lines those days. Yeah, they care... Sometimes.

Well whatever, who cares if it was a goof. I am sure Bear is making money off weddings and other activities. It's great that people have a place to ride that is close to home. Great place for younger people to hang out and get to ride.

Yeah, they offered really cheap tickets one weekend, for what reason I forget. Again, they don't limit ticket sales and the cops came twice in a couple of years, by their own accord not bc's. If that's what a 'good job' means to you and passholders, then fair enough. It's the main reason I left for elk... No wifi, no big parks, no collisions, unattractive lodge and enough bland atmosphere to keep the pikers skiing south.

Curmudgeon. Blah, blah, blah. You're always complaining about Elk, too.