Blivers

Did a quick session this morning. Good snow but a bit windy and cold. They put down a bunch of snow yesterday, I would say they could be very close to 100% open by the end of the week with a few long nights of blowing temps. Pretty good number of people there but the extra lift and trails spread everyone out nice so the lines were non existent while I was there.

mrs guitar and i did the nite shift today. got to the mtn around 5:10pm. lots of cars in the parking lot, but we got a pretty good spot up close to the lodge. got geared up and on the B-lift by 5:30. mostly lapped kodiak and grizzly and lower extreme since timberline and upper extreme were not yet open. there was some decent snow left over, just had to hunt for it a bit. it was nice to see the mtn with general snow coverage....if there was a bit more snow in the woods off F-lift I would have hit them up. man-made was ok at the beginning but really firmed up as the nite went on. had a decent bowl of clam chowder for dinner (way better than the cheese burger sliders i had at jack frost...) and then headed back out for more laps. we tried to meet up with an instructor friend of ours, but didn't work out. put the skis in the car and got coffee for the road home. it was party central in the lodge....mad limbo action going on. we didn't stay for the fireworks.

overall, good way to spend new year's eve!

tell me im missing something, but did they still not fucking put any more rails in yet aside from what looks a like a bonk? what a joke.

Skate rail that's it. No bonk anywhere in sight.

Coverage is getting pretty thin in some spots too

tell me im missing something, but did they still not fucking put any more rails in yet aside from what looks a like a bonk? what a joke.

Oh. I didn't know about the coverage part. I will run over the parking attendant if they don't put anything new out for tomorrow. I plan on being there.

With what snow would you like more features to be added?? There will be more features added in time, the mountain has literally been open for 4 days... its going to require more snowmaking and a night of re-grading the trail to accomodate more rails.

I have no clue how much or how little coverage is there, however I do know that flat rails or boxes can easily be set up. They had enough time and snow to build up the new huge dfd. Your claim of time and lack of base is no argument at all when it comes down this.

I'm on park crew, and yes there may be enough snow to open black bear and put a few rails on it, but if you have gone down it you would realize it is not flat across its width and does not yet have the "tiers" or different levels that it did last year where we can put features side by side. So at this point it would be a really sporadic setup if we were trying to put rails in random places because much of the trail is still very uneven and would likely pose an issue with groomers trying to properly set up the trails grade . Alot of snowmaking still has to occur before a jump line and other larger features can be built. Not trying to start a fight, just trying to convey my thoughts

I have no clue how much or how little coverage is there, however I do know that flat rails or boxes can easily be set up. They had enough time and snow to build up the new huge dfd. Your claim of time and lack of base is no argument at all when it comes down this.

Give them time, I'd rather they pound the mountain with snow for a few days and then get a legit setup up instead of just throwing things up just to have them. With the weather I would expect them to have a decent park setup by this weekend, at least from a rail standpoint.

I could hear the guns on this morning when I left my house. Think Tom said something about more features being a possibility late this week. Theres hardly enough snow on the trail to push up a lip. If I heard correctly the guys on morning shift actually hand built that lip for the skate rail on new years eve just so we could get at least one new feature in.

Can we maybe get like a week of operations in before you guys start slamming BC for not having a good enough park? I mean we opened Sunday for heavens sake, super cold temps have me guessing you'll be seeing lots of snowmaking and some changes to the park soon.

I could hear the guns on this morning when I left my house. Think Tom said something about more features being a possibility late this week. Theres hardly enough snow on the trail to push up a lip. If I heard correctly the guys on morning shift actually hand built that lip for the skate rail on new years eve just so we could get at least one new feature in. Can we maybe get like a week of operations in before you guys start slamming BC for not having a good enough park? I mean we opened Sunday for heavens sake, super cold temps have me guessing you'll be seeing lots of snowmaking and some changes to the park soon.

anyone have any idea why the s rail is over by e chair on the beginner slope?

anyone have any idea why the s rail is over by e chair on the beginner slope?

Haha not a clue, i wouldn't expect it to be there for long though. I think it was put there for some reason then they were waiting for some snow to move it cause it's easier to slide than carry.

I indeed did a double take as well though when I was riding up the e chair the other day.

Haha not a clue, i wouldn't expect it to be there for long though. I think it was put there for some reason then they were waiting for some snow to move it cause it's easier to slide than carry.

I indeed did a double take as well though when I was riding up the e chair the other day.

It was hit-able last night if you came in on the left side. Ski patrol didnt like that too much. Never got to hit it but i saw a couple kids do it. Then get yelled at.

^ Three if you count the big boss man. Also I'm not sure who jib honk is.

^^ Yea I was really surprised people weren't trying to hit it already when we opened on Sunday ha. Jibber kids at that mountain are relentless, sometimes they try to find ways to hit the rails that are stored off the side of Black Bear and Cascade. We even have had kids take it upon themselves to drag features out onto the trail, we've never pulled a pass but that time it was close.

^ Three if you count the big boss man. Also I'm not sure who jib honk is.^^ Yea I was really surprised people weren't trying to hit it already when we opened on Sunday ha. Jibber kids at that mountain are relentless, sometimes they try to find ways to hit the rails that are stored off the side of Black Bear and Cascade. We even have had kids take it upon themselves to drag features out onto the trail, we've never pulled a pass but that time it was close.

Pulling a rail off the side of a trail is just plain stupid. There's a reason it takes a forklift or a cat to move them and why they're set up by someone who actually has an idea to set them up. I guess some kids think it's set up the same way they do it at home.

Edited by Kyle