Blivers

Regardless of whether or not they're the ones I want to hit, you put similar features in a line. The odds are pretty good someone who is hitting the boxes would want to hit the boxes in a line, likewise with the rails. Again, this is how every other park works, it's not some radical idea. Just switch the up box and down bar and it's fine.

I've ridden plenty of parks not setup like that but with a variety of features in a line. As long as you can go from any feature in a set to any feature in the next set means the park has flow. I was going flat rail to down rail to the candy cane all day long yesterday with no problem.

i was jw. that candy cane is set up perfect for skiiers.

Yep, you can tell that one for sure. I don't know why skiiers like rails like that.

And that's the line I was taking as well, but it's super annoying to have to cut all the way across to get to each rail, in terms of speed and criss-crossing people coming off that huge box. Just because it's possible to make it to each feature doesn't mean it has flow.

any chance we will see a few more rails up in black bear? the candy cane is setup no different than it ever was lol, the rail is just down hill further not sticking directly into the lip making it look different but ride the same. i guess the rail could be higher above the lip but dont hit it from the front if you dont like to hit it from the front. ive seen many snowboarders lay down some sweet maneuvers from the side just how its setup now.

any chance we will see a few more rails up in black bear? the candy cane is setup no different than it ever was lol, the rail is just down hill further not sticking directly into the lip making it look different but ride the same. i guess the rail could be higher above the lip but dont hit it from the front if you dont like to hit it from the front. ive seen many snowboarders lay down some sweet maneuvers from the side just how its setup now.

I just like complaining. It's actually set up pretty well but I'm so used to it being set up urban.

Fun session yesterday. Little powder runs down through the tubing line in the morning, then it warmed up and the snow was nice and soft in BB. The lip for the down rail turned out to be a fun sized jump for nice over the rail tricks. 420 box was fun in the morning but got bombed out in the landing by around noon.

Saturday looks like a good day to sit on the deck outside the lodge and drink beer. Maybe bring a small charcoal grill up and sit in the parking lot boozing and grilling.

You might be 100% there hot weather coupled with rain is going to f'ing blow.

Saturday looks like a good day to sit on the deck outside the lodge and drink beer. Maybe bring a small charcoal grill up and sit in the parking lot boozing and grilling.

I might be down for this, I though about bringing a friend up if he's up for it. No way in hell I'm making first chair though on a saturday morning ha.

The past few days have had no crowds what so ever.

Monday was prime. A few inches of fresh snow everywhere. Trees were amazing with awesome coverage.

Wednesday was okay. Lots of random barespots, and ice, some ridiculously huge that span across whole runs. Trees were still good with only a little issues every now and then.

I've never been tree skiing before and I absolutely love it.

The park on timberline is currently being built and I doubt it will be open before I leave. Shitty

I'm noticing lack of crowds at other places as well. The weather was outstanding the last two weeks at Elk for instance, one weekend lots of snow, last weekend just plain ole average winter feel and the crowds were less than what I expected. Wondering if people just aint feeling the winter love any more? Not that i'm complaining...

I'm noticing lack of crowds at other places as well. The weather was outstanding the last two weeks at Elk for instance, one weekend lots of snow, last weekend just plain ole average winter feel and the crowds were less than what I expected. Wondering if people just aint feeling the winter love any more? Not that i'm complaining...

Wonder if it has anything to do with the economy? I've noticed lift tickets have really gone up everywhere. It can't be cheap to take a family skiing for the day, especially if you don't have your own equipment.

Wonder if it has anything to do with the economy? I've noticed lift tickets have really gone up everywhere. It can't be cheap to take a family skiing for the day, especially if you don't have your own equipment.

That's certainly a factor too. I think ski areas have found their upper limit of what they can get out of average enthusiasts through winter loyalists. But i hear fewer and fewer people who never tried skiing talk about giving it a go, price being the biggest issue (broken limbs a very distant second ;-) Used to be the other way around.

Killy and Stowe were 20% over last years Christmas numbers.

30 some odd people have gone lost as killy in the last two weeks, all from NY, Jersey and Mass, that is like a years worth in two weeks.

Early to mid January is tough because everyone just blew their load at Christmas. If things stay on the current path this will be one of the best years for VT at least in a long time.

A lot of people get stuck in the woods between Juggernaut and Blue Heaven at Killington. The woods off to skiers right on Blue Heaven look great but once you drop into them it gets pretty flat in there and it is usually pretty deep as well. It leads down to valley and it uphill in every direction to get out. It is a pain in the ass to get out of there.

• Like 2