Paper at it again

skier17

if this is all factual, it does paint a pretty grimm picture. KC hasnt been around since the begining of November, so i take that to mean things arent quite perfect at Sno.

i still hope they get open, and have a great season. i need to take a trip up this year.

if this is all factual, it does paint a pretty grimm picture. KC hasnt been around since the begining of November, so i take that to mean things arent quite perfect at Sno.

i still hope they get open, and have a great season. i need to take a trip up this year.

He is usually the first one to either corroborate or dispute their bullshit, so I take this as a bad sign also. Get up there while you guys still can!!!

24 mil is only the debt, not what they'll get for the place, not by a long shot. I Think the previous owners (not the current bank) paid 4 or 5 mil back in early 2000's. That was pretty steep considering the run down condition it was in and the $$$ they had to stuff in the place. Bottom line is this, you may not like the place or appreciate anything about it. But if Sno shutters for good, there will still be a good few ppl who end up clogging up other areas and that means higher ticket prices and longer lines.

• Like 2

I just don't see them going out of business for good. I still think someone will pick them up. The waterpark is finally established, they had a good concert series, and the ski area has been kept in decent repair over the past few years. There have also been some fairly significant upgrades to infrastructure. If the bankruptcy goes through, the debt gets restructured, and an actual resort operations company picks it up, I think they can still be successful.

I didn't even know that, though i heard there were numerous bidders. I knew the last/former owners quite well and one of them, Dick Ford, had a great business and mechanical sense and was a great guy to have around there, he was blown out by the majority owner, and professional lounge dweller Dennis Carlson, who hated the fact Ford was always a busy-body there. He turned him into a silent partner and that began the steady decline to the bottom for Sno. Might have gone better with Ford around. Who knows, but fingers are crossed that someone with experience steps in next.