Trip Advisor resort list of most and least expensive destinations

sibhusky

Any of you guys ever use the ski shuttle bus in SLC? Thinking about doing Utah on airline and hotel points for a 4 day trip in early March. Should i just suck it up and rent a car?

You mean the UTA or a private service ?

UTA is all dependent on your driver and where you are staying. Downtown salt lake its surface tram thingy to bus depot to the hill with the last leg being a local.

The good news is they run pretty much all the time, when its chains and 4x4 the buses still run and they run relatively late. Its also dirt cheap.

The bad news is if you get a sunday driver the last leg between the hill and the depot can take god damn fucking forever. Years ago I got in at 10ish and wanted to ride at Brighton and do the afternoon night dealio there. Driver was old and in no hurry, shit was clear and it took 1 hour and 1/2. Lady at night I guess had a hot date and we were back in SLC in 30 minutes. ?

If your out in Sandy or something this is less of an issue though you could just bum a ride in Sandy.

I've stayed at that Hilton Garden Inn (on points) and it is a reasonable spot to stay. Make sure you are Hilton Honors Gold before you go so that you can get free wifi and breakfast during your stay. I think you can still get Gold through a virtual move to Australia if you don't currently have it.

You are going to want a car though - to get to the slopes, dinner, and getting to/from the airport. It will save a ton of time and it is definitely worth the cost. If you don't get an AWD or chains, you can always take to UTA bus up LCC/BCC if restrictions are in place. I've taken the bus on snow days and it isn't too bad although you will probably be standing if you grab the bus at the canyon entrance.

I've stayed at that Hilton Garden Inn (on points) and it is a reasonable spot to stay. Make sure you are Hilton Honors Gold before you go so that you can get free wifi and breakfast during your stay. I think you can still get Gold through a virtual move to Australia if you don't currently have it.

You are going to want a car though - to get to the slopes, dinner, and getting to/from the airport. It will save a ton of time and it is definitely worth the cost. If you don't get an AWD or chains, you can always take to UTA bus up LCC/BCC if restrictions are in place. I've taken the bus on snow days and it isn't too bad although you will probably be standing if you grab the bus at the canyon entrance.

Appreciate the advice. Virtual move to Australia? Haven't hear of that but will look into it since I'm only Silver level.

Here is a thread with the details in the first post - http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/travel-discussion/1199795/?start=0

You can start at Step 2 to get an Australian address (I just used the address for the Westin in Sydney when I did it for my brother)

Seems to still be working based on the most recent post and the status should still be good for your trip this winter as it looks like you will revert back to silver in May 2013