How badly has the mountain coaster screwed up the intersection of Cliffy, Nile Mile & Bactrian?

JollyJake99

50 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Does anyone know why the installed the mountain coaster queue directly across a busy ski trail? What a stupid decision. Yesterday I was speeding down Rhod Glen and need momentum to get back to Stevenson Lift, but there was so many damn mountain coaster tourists lollygagging in the middle of the trail. I like Camelback but that whole setup is very stupid.

Probably for the same reason they installed the trough for the new alpine slide crossing directly over a slip, so they have to make sure they have enough snow to totally bury it before they can open it, and in the spring when it emerges they have to close the trail when they otherwise might be able to get another weekend out of it.

i have no idea what that reason is tho

10 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Probably for the same reason they installed the trough for the new alpine slide crossing directly over a slip, so they have to make sure they have enough snow to totally bury it before they can open it, and in the spring when it emerges they have to close the trail when they otherwise might be able to get another weekend out of it.

i have no idea what that reason is tho

I wasnt aware of this. What trail are you referring to?

8 hours ago, saltyant said:

I wasnt aware of this. What trail are you referring to?

I'm pretty sure it goes right across Pocono Raceway. They may have trenched it so it's not so hard to cover. I remember looking at the trough while skiing off the Raceway Triple last year and thinking that it had to be for a modern alpine slide because it was too far from the existing water park to be a waterslide

21 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

I'm pretty sure it goes right across Pocono Raceway. They may have trenched it so it's not so hard to cover. I remember looking at the trough while skiing off the Raceway Triple last year and thinking that it had to be for a modern alpine slide because it was too far from the existing water park to be a waterslide

Makes sense, I bet that's why they opened Rhod Glen and not Pocono Raceway. Ah well whatever they're basically identical and Rhod Glen was fantastic yesterday. Definitely agree with you on it being a hidden gem that doesn't get the large crowds like the other trails.

Edited by saltyant

• 6 years later...
On 12/8/2017 at 9:34 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

IMG_1641.JPG

IMG_1689.PNG

Oh wow, I haven't seen these two pictures in a long time. Remember when your avatar was pink before it turned green?? I member. Also this was so long ago that I didn't have a photograph on my avatar. I no longer ski with any of the gear pictured above, including jacket, Elons, poles, helmet, glasses, and blue GoPro retention strap. I still posses the strap and might donate it to the museum of saltyant that will be constructed next to the TP4 monument at Blue Mountain ski hill station resort place. Woo hoo

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Oh wow, I haven't seen these two pictures in a long time. Remember when your avatar was pink before it turned green?? I member. Also this was so long ago that I didn't have a photograph on my avatar. I no longer ski with any of the gear pictured above, including jacket, Elons, poles, helmet, glasses, and blue GoPro retention strap. I still posses the strap and might donate it to the museum of saltyant that will be constructed next to the TP4 monument at Blue Mountain ski hill station resort place. Woo hoo

Salty post of the day!!! Thank you 

• Thanks 1