Opening weekend, New Years day..and some great deals!

KCSKI

Finally get a chance to sit down here and let everyone know how we did this past weekend...I know someone posted a trip report...thanks for that, just let me add to it and cover some of the daily deals we have going on all season now.

First of all opening day went off real well....had a great crowd...my pics that I'll post a link to will attest to that..and I'm sure the $30 all day lift / All passes accepted helped a great deal. Granted we were down a few slopes than what we wanted but we did pretty good all things considered. Yep, Terrain Park was a little small but considering what snow we had to work with before we opened I'd say we did pretty decent.

Saturday...best thing that ever happened was that snow storm and the way it stuck around longer than it was supposed to..and it really didn't diminish the crowds all that much.

Sunday...pretty much a copy of Saturday..just a good crowd.

New Years Day, a Tuesday, in hindsight we should have run the $10 Tuesday deal....we will next time...but, meh...with it being NYD I guess everyone stayed home and nursed the hangovers and watched football.

We've been blowing snow, like everyone else I'm sure, like crazy and as of this weekend the only thing that might not be open is Upper Fast Track & Upper Runaway..and Tubing...everything else is a go, Shuttle Lift, White Lightning..all the Northface...LH will open if we get coverage on the Upper Left of the mountain.....terrain park getting done over and more features being added as I type this.

Some deals you may all be interested in:

Mountain Mondays: Present any 2012-2013 lift ticket from another ski resort at our ticket windows, and get 50% off any Snö Mountain lift ticket! One offer per person.

$10 Tuesdays: All Lift Tickets, for all ages, all day….every Tuesday (excluding holidays).

College Wednesdays: College students with a current, valid school ID can get BOTH a lift ticket and an equipment rental for ONLY $20!

Senior Thursdays: $20 lift tickets for ages 66+ (Age 70+ ALWAYS SKI FREE at Sno!)

Family Nights: Every Saturday and Sunday after 4pm (excluding holidays)….4 lift tickets or 4 Snow Tubing tickets for only $50!

*All specials exclude holidays and holiday weeks, and cannot be combined with any other offers. Holidays as follows: 12/24/12-01/01/13, 01/19/13-01/21/13, 02/16/13-02/24/13.

Some pics taken by yours truly:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151379471586138.533181.288781601137&type=3

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151382949496138.533789.288781601137&type=3&__req=8

• Like 1

10 bucks is an awesome idea. Cheaper than if I went Wednesday and showed them my college i.d

Speaking of which, don't take this the wrong way but it seems kind of weird to advertise your college night next to your 10 dollar day. Kids are going to see that and just go on Tuesdays. Regardless they're both good deals and I'm happy to see the train is chugging along up there.

Edited by Kyle

Also noticed less moose on the site. Nicely done.
I also noticed this the last trip I took to the site. Definitely a step in the right direction.

Also great to see the name in transition back to it's original less commercialized name. Makes it sound like less of a theme park and more of a resort. Glad to hear the big week was successful!!!

Shameless plug from the website:

The NORTHFACE is 100% OPEN!

Enjoy the First Friday of January at Snö! Today we will be open until 10pm…and WHITE LIGHTNING is NOW OPEN!

Open trails include Smoke, Boomer, Cannonball, Whistler w/Terrain Park, Mainline, Limited, Connection, and Nordic. Switch and Highball will open today, along with the Shuttle Lift.

As of this morning we have been making snow for almost 62 hours straight, and we’ll continue as long as temps permit. Today’s conditions are AMAZING thanks to our awesome snow making crew! We also hope to open the snowtubing park soon!

Keep Thinking Snö!!!

Another deal..just handed down a minute ago:

Extend the weekend! Buy any Saturday or Sunday Lift ticket and get all day on MONDAY for $10!!

Also, don't leave all the picture taking to me guys! Send your pic in on Twitter for our web site Home Page at @skisnomountain