PASR's 9th Birthday

AtomicSkier

ski999

I actually liked him but I think I maybe ran him off with some post about the first Barry election. I don't remember the details but I posted a fake news story that he couldn't stop slobbering McCain's nut sack and he never posted again. LOL

If you are out there 999 please come home, I'm terribly sorry I hurt your delicate feelings. LOL

What happened to the Huntah dude ?

• Like 1

Is Glenn still in Bozeman?

yup, and he seems to love it up there. i regularly try to convince him and his lady friend to move back to the front range, but so far i've had no luck. still see him about once a year though. he was a groomsman in my wedding, so that's the last time we got to kick it.

once people start going out west the reports will become better. people need to post more, myself included. the jfbb guys do a good job of it with photos.

yup, and he seems to love it up there. i regularly try to convince him and his lady friend to move back to the front range, but so far i've had no luck. still see him about once a year though. he was a groomsman in my wedding, so that's the last time we got to kick it.

awesome. glad to hear you are both enjoying it out there. and again, congrats.

once people start going out west the reports will become better. people need to post more, myself included. the jfbb guys do a good job of it with photos.

I'd post reports from bear but we all know how much it sucks.

I don't think Ski999 was banned, maybe just a few day ban..Ski999 bad mouthed Hunter and DMC said bad mouthing Hunter is one reason why the area is in decline. I think Hunter does well but not like it's glory days of the 80s and 90s when it was a huge party spot and did 500k visits a year. I miss Papasteeze, it's cause of him that I say things like Mad Steezy yo. Before I joined PASR in 2005 I never even heard the word Steezy.

I also miss BigDaddyK, I only skied with him once at Blue but his reports were legit.

This thread is like a trip down memory lane. Bigdaddyk was a Jackson frost regular so his TRs are missed. I think he got pissed about something on here and left town. I remember his day trip TR to mount snow from NEPA.

I'm taking the boys and a gaggle of their friends to Winter Park this weekend. I'll try to take some good pictures and post them. I'm hoping all the PT and other bullshit I've been doing is enough and I'm able to be on the snow pain free.

I joined this site when my oldest was 8, trying to find someone teenager age to hang out with him at JFBB since he had no interest in hanging out with his mom on the hill. Now he's a freshmen, time flies. Happy birthday PASR

Edited by Barb
  • Like 2

Happy Bday, PASR, no TR's for me until at least next week. I've been dithering about when to head up to Smuggs; tomorrow, Sunday or roll the dice for some dumpage going into MLK weekend. Right now, pretty sure Fred and I leave Wednesday and hope there are no ice storms, which is a possibility.

I'm still in contact with ski999 and I skied last season with Glenn and his "lady friend".

Picture from last week (lately there has been ZERO visability)

740365_10151314668532488_1505542690_o.jp

This is a great shot lightingwise and unreal varieties of clouds. Almost looks like 2 pictures fused into one. That almost godlike fountain of bright light appears to be coming out of the ground. Tres cool.

Thanks man, it's def awesome out here. I'm in it for the long haul now for sure (not that I ever had intentions of moving back). My wife's entire family lives out here (although none of them are natives). We were married on her parent's 50acre property outside of Salida, CO (closest resort is Monarch for those familiar). I'll be the first to admit that I've been slacking on my trips to the mountain. The last year was pretty crazy with planning a wedding, and a honeymoon to Yosemite and points west. So the funds have been low, and I've also acquired an addiction to vintage motorcycles to boot. We're about to buy a house. So this winter is looking pretty grim for lots of time on the snow, but I hope to get back in the swing of things next season. I'm actually thinking about buying a pair of tele skis or an AT setup. Should put me on a more level playing field with my wife when we head to the resorts, and allow me to get around in the BC a little easier. Yea, I just said that... skis. I am getting old.

I'm still in contact with ski999 and I skied last season with Glenn and his "lady friend".

Glenn and Lindsy are awesome. I had so much fun when we were all room mates for about 8-9 months. She's a freaking riot, and pushes as hard as Glenn does. I usually can't keep up with them, and when I do I'm scared shitless of the terrain Glenn is dragging me into. It's always a blast though. Glad you got to meet and ski with both of them!

Good work Nick...married a rich gurl!!! And u are gonna ski as well...snowboarding is just a fad

If she was a rich girl I wouldn't be using money as an excuse for not hitting the mountain. I have no intentions of giving up snowboarding. I'll probably do both depending on who I'm with, and what the plan for the day is. Thought learning to ski might be beneficial in the coming years if we decide to have kids. Seems a lot easier dealing with a wee when you're on skis. In addition, if said wee one wants to learn to ski I'd like to be able to contribute to the miseducation.

Kids wow...Saw the 50acre thing and thought...ballers could probably subdivide and build hella condos, maybe even a Target..J/K...glad to hear u are doing well. I've been a douche to u before online but just my Internet persona.

Her parent's bought the land and the home they live in as their retirement plan. They are certainly doing just fine financially, but rich is probably an overstatement. They have no intentions on doing anything to the land aside from enjoying the seclusion it offers. It's not really all that close to anything that would support developing it anyway. In addition, they are surrounded by BLM land on 3 sides. So I'm sure they are restricted in many ways on what they could do even if they wanted to. It's an amazing spot, and we head there as often as we can. Love it there. Aspen groves all over the place, views of 13ers and 14ers out of most of the windows. 4x4 trails that connect into a huge network of trails leading through the BLM land nearby. It's heaven.

• Like 1

ski999

Cole always made this place great! I left around the same time he did. I'll always remember the funny posts he made and the PM's we sent back and fourth occasionally. He was a great guy and it's too bad I never got to meet him in person.

I remember 10 years ago I joined the Camelback forum a short time after it was created. That's where I met everyone like Adam, Jeff, Greg, Nick, Cole, Missy, DHarrisburg, Schif(dawg), etc.Things were pretty good there but then the Dave's started censoring stuff, especially when you said something negative about CB or talked about other mountains. That eventually lead to a revolt and I vaguely remember Adam (skidude) telling me on AIM that a lot of them were going to revolt on the forum later that night. By the time I got home that night most of them got banned and that's when Greg and Jeff started "The Real CB" forum which by the end of that year became PASR. Good times :yes

Speaking of the Dave's, I wonder what ever happened to DaveK and DavieJ? My avatar here is what DaveK used to have on the camelback forum. I remember when I posted it as a joke on here ski999 was having flashbacks haha

• Like 2

Her parent's bought the land and the home they live in as their retirement plan. They are certainly doing just fine financially, but rich is probably an overstatement. They have no intentions on doing anything to the land aside from enjoying the seclusion it offers. It's not really all that close to anything that would support developing it anyway. In addition, they are surrounded by BLM land on 3 sides. So I'm sure they are restricted in many ways on what they could do even if they wanted to. It's an amazing spot, and we head there as often as we can. Love it there. Aspen groves all over the place, views of 13ers and 14ers out of most of the windows. 4x4 trails that connect into a huge network of trails leading through the BLM land nearby. It's heaven.

sounds like there's probably lots of great mountain biking around there

sounds like there's probably lots of great mountain biking around there

one of the best rides in the country can be seen from their kitchen sink:

http://www.singletracks.com/bike-trails/monarch-crest-trail.html

I haven't ridden it yet because I haven't been able to organize my riding buddies to come along when we go visit. Seems a little too serious of a ride to do solo (at least for my skill set). The father-in-law offered to run shuttle, but I just haven't been able to get a ride together yet. I tried to make it happen the day after the wedding, but too much whiskey got in the way.

one of the best rides in the country can be seen from their kitchen sink:

http://www.singletracks.com/bike-trails/monarch-crest-trail.html

I haven't ridden it yet because I haven't been able to organize my riding buddies to come along when we go visit. Seems a little too serious of a ride to do solo (at least for my skill set). The father-in-law offered to run shuttle, but I just haven't been able to get a ride together yet. I tried to make it happen the day after the wedding, but too much whiskey got in the way.

i've seen videos on vimeo of that ride. get on that!