PASR's 9th Birthday

AtomicSkier

. So the funds have been low, and I've also acquired an addiction to vintage motorcycles to boot.

Glenn and Lindsy are awesome. I had so much fun when we were all room mates for about 8-9 months. She's a freaking riot, and pushes as hard as Glenn does. I usually can't keep up with them, and when I do I'm scared shitless of the terrain Glenn is dragging me into. It's always a blast though. Glad you got to meet and ski with both of them!

The vintage motorcycle scene is pretty cool.Still kinda cheap to get into.Especially on the Japanese side.Always a good time riding my vintage BMW....

I got to meet Glenn at Big Sky a couple of years ago..Seems like a super nice guy..

IMG_0385.jpg

• Like 2

The vintage motorcycle scene is pretty cool.Still kinda cheap to get into.Especially on the Japanese side.Always a good time riding my vintage BMW....

I got to meet Glenn at Big Sky a couple of years ago..Seems like a super nice guy..

IMG_0385.jpg

sweet ride!

beautiful airhead! i'm itching to buy one similar, but have to hold off until after the new house purchase. luckily, my father in law is on his way to buy a a 79 R100RS, and he needs me to store it (he currently has about a dozen vintage enduros in his garage, and no room for the beemer). so i get to store and ride the beemer while he restores and sells off a few of his collection. so in a few days i'll be riding around (temporarily) on this bad boy (yes i agree the fairing/windshield needs to go, but that's not my call):

3n13Gd3Nd5Lb5Ie5W0ccrf9a4f11eb27b1328.jp

i've been cruising around on a 73 Suzuki TS250. i love the look of the old enuros, but i need something more comfortable for longer trips. has been a blast commuting to work on it though. this was my wedding gift from my father in law. sorry about the shitty iphone photo. i haven't gotten around to a proper photoshoot:

2012-11-02%2018.14.28.jpg

beautiful airhead! i'm itching to buy one similar, but have to hold off until after the new house purchase. luckily, my father in law is on his way to buy a a 79 R100RS, and he needs me to store it (he currently has about a dozen vintage enduros in his garage, and no room for the beemer). so i get to store and ride the beemer while he restores and sells off a few of his collection. so in a few days i'll be riding around (temporarily) on this bad boy (yes i agree the fairing/windshield needs to go, but that's not my call):

3n13Gd3Nd5Lb5Ie5W0ccrf9a4f11eb27b1328.jp

i've been cruising around on a 73 Suzuki TS250. i love the look of the old enuros, but i need something more comfortable for longer trips. has been a blast commuting to work on it though. this was my wedding gift from my father in law. sorry about the shitty iphone photo. i haven't gotten around to a proper photoshoot:

2012-11-02%2018.14.28.jpg

Those R90RS and R100RS are hugely popular...I always take the BMW to a Blues and Vintage bike fest along the Delaware and there is just a long line of em.The early 70's R series are suprisingly afordable if you really shop around.Plus there are shit tons of parts on Ebay and the like for them.What I really like on mine was the tach and the speedo enclosed in the headlight bucket.In 74 they changed it and added a disc brake...It's amazing how long they used that airhead motor design....

I dig that Suzuki...Two stroke sound is something you don't hear much of anymore..I would just love to have a two stroke street bike....

Edited by Mixilplix

We were scheduled to get 1 inch, maybe three. GOT WAY more. Shin deep piles of fluff on the groomers, dense enough to stay down and not blow away, yet light enough to blast through without impacting your speed.

NOTE: The video was filmed in the AM, it dumped all day long. Everything filled in with each lap.

339583_10151334506117488_1117070326_o.jp

Edited by sibhusky

• 9 months later...

I found this place 9 years ago also. My wife and I had just moved in with my parents while we were waiting to settle on our first house. Now I'm married 10 years, have 3 kids and are looking to buy our 3rd house. Ski999 and papasteeze were hilarious and truly hated each other. I wonder what happened to those guys?

what im saying is i dont know why people take it so serious. i never considered an online argument nearly the same as a real life argument

IMHO, the internet is as real as you make it. i never take s**t said on forums seriously....i don't have the time for that. i have fun on here and i hope everyone else does too.

• Like 3

Fwiw, I'm in touch with ski999 practically daily. His third book just came out, I finished it last night. He is still doing coaching and photography. His daughter still races, but is more soccer, and I don't think she will be traveling to races anymore.

This thread has potential. I'll always remember the ttc6 flame wars that went on. Apparently corvettes were gods greatest gift to the earth. He also loved to carpool.

I remember him and Doug going at it pretty heavy one time in a thread. Made for a great read. He also threatened to kill anyone sitting on a landing of a jump and complained when boulder made legit step over jumps saying they were shit jumps built by retards.

Didn't TTC6 and R2 carpool to jack frost one day when the timmy bus broke down? Also TTC6 was pretty big on trying to get PASRs to rent a house for the winter at boulder. I think he even posted that on alpine zone. The people there were like "what's a big boulder" lol

I don't know man. I like PASR better now.

• Like 2