Winter Park 1/12/13

Barb

It was a cold one in the mountains this weekend. Woke up to -12 Saturday morning but by the time we caught the shuttle it warmed up to a balmy -3. I had 7 kids in tow with me this weekend. My younger son had a boot issue and didn't go out Saturday so I just brought his 2 friends to the mountain. The sun was out so it didn't feel too bad temperature wise. No lift lines to speak of maybe 1-2 minute wait. Snow was a little more icy than I expected but still pretty good. I let the boys lead me around and before I knew it we were on a bump run (ugh). I really have to suck it up and practice on those since Winter Park has a ton of them.

We only stayed out a few hours and went we headed down to the base we took a horrible run that was basically a 2 mile catwalk. Since we started from a dead stop at the top and had no speed the other snowboarder and I kept having to unstrap a foot.

The 4 older boys did their own thing and stayed on Mary Jane and the park until last chair both days. I remember Nick Malozzi saying something about quality over quantity out here and he's right. This morning my older son can barely get out of bed. I told him we weren't going back for 2 weeks and he said good because he didn't think he could ride that hard again in a week.

A few lame pictures but it was too cold to keep taking off my gloves. Neither of these 2 kids are mine.winterpark005_zps25560d4b.jpgwinterpark002_zpse2741b7d.jpg

Edited by Barb
  • Like 1

such a chill place. lots of bumps sure and the actual good stuff has a long cat walk out but still one of my favorite resorts out there. first time ive ever slept in a lodge for a few days too.

that cat walk can be a bitch if you come into it from the wrong spots. i still can't believe you lapped the elevator shoots for an entire day when you couldn't get a pass. that's fucking commitment.

Care to tell us about sleeping in a lodge?

glenn's previous place of business. i stayed there a bunch too. so much fucking pizza and red bull.

• Like 1

Flights on Frontier are like $200 from Philly to Denver...Colorado skifari..spring 2013...I know at least 8 people in Colorado not counting Chippy and Barb.

chippy lives out here now too? shit... i wonder if it's too late to retract the offer i put on that house this morning.

also, wp is rad, but it's def the kind of mountain that seems pretty boring until you learn where all the goods are. even then... you need to know what conditions need to be to hit said goods. if i didn't get to ride with glenn, i'd probably hate wp.

chippy lives out here now too? shit... i wonder if it's too late to retract the offer i put on that house this morning.

also, wp is rad, but it's def the kind of mountain that seems pretty boring until you learn where all the goods are. even then... you need to know what conditions need to be to hit said goods. if i didn't get to ride with glenn, i'd probably hate wp.

Yes I do. Loving it out here. Been to keystone 8 times...breck on friday. Aspen next weekend for the Xgames.

Flights on Frontier are like $200 from Philly to Denver...Colorado skifari..spring 2013...I know at least 8 people in Colorado not counting Chippy and Barb.

Frontier no longer has directs flights from Philly to Denver/Denver to Philly. They ended that on January 7.

I was not aware. Good on him.

Yea, him and every other Tom, Dick and Harry. God I hate Summit County.

Thanks dude.

No???

It's still considered a federal offense. IF the cops want to charge you with it they can under federal law, under state law they can't. Usually it's too much time and $$$ to prosecute someone for a federal marijuana charge.