Flow Bindings

poconoceancity

Earlier this week my bindings broke, so I switched to a pair of Flows that I have had in the box for 5 years. On the way to the mountain I stopped at 940 and had them repair my old bindings incase I didn't like the flows. Well I didn't like the flows. After sitting on my fat ass for the last 13 years to strap in I couldn't get used to standing up to get in to the flows. Getting my foot out also felt awkward. Making adjustments to them seems like a pain in the ass. Should I put my old bindings back on or give the Flows another chance?

I personally have tried a rear entry binding (k2 cinches,) and wasn't enamored with them... That was also before I started standing up to strap in a majority of the time... However, my roomies up here are huge Flow fanatics... They are all 3 rocking Flow bindings and boots... They say they love them, but they don't think the boots will hold up to a season long beating, and they don't like the chincy binding straps and will likely switch them out soon... Take it or leave it, but personally, those two things are enough to convince me that Flow equipment is not worth my time and money...

I think I'm going back to my old burton customs...

I've been rocking customs almost consistently since 06... I have had three sets... Two of them got replaced on warranty when the baseplates broke... I beat the shit out of them, so if one pair breaks after 300-400 days every 3 or 4 years, I'm ok with it... Burton also has some of the best customer service I have seen with free replacement parts for most things... I have to replace the straps every 2 years, but other than that, I am more than pleased with my customs. I would highly recommend to anyone that wants to go with a traditional strapping system...