TR Montage 2/3

guitar73

Freshies....sort of. alarm went off at 5 am,there was abot 1/2in on the ground before we lift the house. packed the car and on the road by 5:45am....made it to the mtn by 7:45am. base area was very quite, not a lot of action. not a lot of fresh snow, i thought there would be more, but at least the $25 lift tickets were nice on the pocket book. we took the lift to the top do some warmup laps on the upper mtn and found the snow conditions to be better than i expected: mostly soft, but a few slick spots. on the third lap we ran into KCski and chatted for a second or two. we then headed down to the northface area, which was skiing very well.

nastar peeps were running gates, so we went up to watch for a few. some very serious peeps, others not so much.

we called it quits around noon and headed in for food and bev. in general, there were no crowds and i suppose that was b/c of the superbowl. it was nice to have no lift lines and wide open trails all to ourselves.

good times had by all.

Nice, was the long haul lift running?

I'll be up there next sunday, and whenever PASR day is, so glad to hear about the nice conditions.

How was the steepest trail in PA with the 7 th steepest headwall in the eastern US (per website)?

It's sno mountain btw :)

never! :ph34r: it'll always be montage to me....

glad to hear conditions were good. I'm getting ready to set up a PASR day to take advantage of the $25 lift tix. :)

sweet.....it seems like they are running some pretty sweet weekly deals. $10 tuesdays, that's hard to beat.

Nice, was the long haul lift running?

I'll be up there next sunday, and whenever PASR day is, so glad to hear about the nice conditions.

How was the steepest trail in PA with the 7 th steepest headwall in the eastern US (per website)?

hey NMSKI, haven't had the chance to ski with you this season, hopefully we can change that! yeah, longhaul was open, thankfully. but, they were running it with loading restrictions. whitelightning was is excellent shape: soft snow, small bumps on skier's right, good sized bumps on skier's left. boomer wasn't skiing very well....snow was kinda wierd and choppy. smoke was skiing very nicely as well.

• Like 1

I was up montage this day myself! Snow was great, park was way better then expected. Ate it pretty hard on the c box which was fun lol.

Hopefully things at sno turn out well for them within the next year. Wouldn't like to see that place get shut down after riding there my whole life...