What happened to this forum?

Riley

Seems like this forum is destined to die. Even GSS post are down to a minimum...

Way to have a positive outlook on it. Your first post back in a while and it's negative.

I don't think the board is dying, it's just been weeded down to a core group of people who post daily. Gss's daily post count can stay down because he's actually starting to post stuff that's not complete bullshit. (1/5 posts). Anyway if you want to see this board get better get your friends on here and start posting more often.

• Like 2

Way to have a positive outlook on it. Your first post back in a while and it's negative.

I don't think the board is dying, it's just been weeded down to a core group of people who post daily. Gss's daily post count can stay down because he's actually starting to post stuff that's not complete bullshit. (1/5 posts). Anyway if you want to see this board get better get your friends on here and start posting more often.

Whats your number for "core group"? and why has it been weeded down this core group? Think about the number of people that ski in PA vs the number of people on this board. There might be something that keeps people from posting here.

i'm not calling you out or anything, but think about it.

It was always a long shot from the start. Look around PA mtns, 1% if that are actually decent skiers and a smaller percentage of that is super obsessed with skiing like PASR people are.

Then they have to also be people who do shit on-line like talk to total strangers, beyond that they have to get past the tight knit aspect of this place, in a sense its kind of an all boys club.

That's a pretty rare group of people.....

It was always a long shot from the start. Look around PA mtns, 1% if that are actually decent skiers and a smaller percentage of that is super obsessed with skiing like PASR people are.

Then they have to also be people who do shit on-line like talk to total strangers, beyond that they have to get past the tight knit aspect of this place, in a sense its kind of an all boys club.

And some of us aren't even decent skiers, just love the sport.

• Like 1

Whats your number for "core group"? and why has it been weeded down this core group? Think about the number of people that ski in PA vs the number of people on this board. There might be something that keeps people from posting here.

I'm saying there's a core group of people who post on here consistently. We all do our part to keep it alive but instead of him complaining its "dead" he could be telling his friends about it or people he knows who ski and snowboard.

I'm still trying to figure out who indiggio is.

I'm simply a beer drinking, donut eating, motorcycle and roller-coaster riding, snow dancing, dope of a skier, in search of another day in paradise... :wiggle

Sincerely,

indiggio

Edited by indiggio

I'm simply a beer drinking, donut eating, motorcycle and roller-coaster riding, snow dancing, dope of a skier, in search of another day in paradise... :wiggle

Sincerely,

indiggio

Excellent!

You should definitely meet up with us for some morning parking lot beers.

Hugs and kisses,

-AH

• Like 5

This........

Aannnnnnd

This. Definitely get that closed group feel in here. That walk in::look around::walk out type of awkward feel lol. It is what it is though. I don't post much, mainly lurk/check the roll calls-conditions to determine whether or not I'm up for the drive to Blue....Seems a bit routines in here- the seasoned posters meet up early for a session, peace out round noon and do it over again. Not much variation, I used to think majority of the riders in here was in the 50-60yrOld bracket LOL. Just sayin.....my2cent :wave:glare:

Sidenote: any accumulation going down at blue tonight, sucks how the storm barely touched us. If it wasn't for work a NE road trip would've been on deck

Definitely get that closed group feel in here. That walk in::look around::walk out type of awkward feel lol. It is what it is though. I don't post much, mainly lurk/check the roll calls-conditions to determine whether or not I'm up for the drive to Blue....Seems a bit routines in here- the seasoned posters meet up early for a session, peace out round noon and do it over again. Not much variation, I used to think majority of the riders in here was in the 50-60yrOld bracket LOL. Just sayin.....my2cent :wave:glare:

I see why you get the feeling of the closed group feel, but everyone from here I've met couldn't be more welcoming when you meet them. I only started on here like 2 years ago and have only posted for about a year and now I always have people to ski/ride with wherever I go in PA.

• Like 3

ya, I gotta echo NMSKI...every PASR I've met & skied with in person is welcoming & friendly....even GSS, inspite of his online reputation ;)

Same here. First time I ever skied a black & double black was with guys from this forum. Great resources and helping me pick up knowledge on a sport I love now of which I knew nothing about.