Blue Mountain Waterpark

snorovr

I would feel so weird having a buzz going and being surrounded by kids playing on slides. They should have an adults only lazy river where you can take drinks with lids on the tubes. I would post up there all summer.

It's not that weird. I drink pounders on the lift all the time with families. The other day at bear the dad asked me if I had another right infront of his two kids.

• Like 1

It's not that weird. I drink pounders on the lift all the time with families. The other day at bear the dad asked me if I had another right infront of his two kids.

The other weekend I rode up the 6-pack with a triplet of middle-aged women. They broke out some lagers and proceeded to pound them. :drink:

Then they whipped out a bunch of undergarments and proceeded to increase the decoration of the new bra tree on Lower Sidewinder.

Cracked me up! :cheers:

kinda cool that they're trying to go about it in the most environmentally friendly, minimally invasive way possible. I'll give them the nod in that they'll definitely have a unique selling proposition having the water park up top where you can actually see the surrounding mountains (hills...), whereas all the other local parks give you a lovely view of parking lots.

Going further east. Started cutting it already left side of quad, I believe.

If it is a legit trail, I wonder if it is something that will eventually be incorporated into a larger east side push. Lots of property to that side for expansion right? Hotel? Indoor water park? The possibilities are endless...

If it is a legit trail, I wonder if it is something that will eventually be incorporated into a larger east side push. Lots of property to that side for expansion right? Hotel? Indoor water park? The possibilities are endless...

Let's hope so. Perhaps cut it right so there are a number of good trails off of it, not just waste a ton of land on another cutback beginner's slope like Paradise.

I would think they'd build the hotel out where they're putting the water park for easy access to the road.

Good to hear they are doing this the right way.

They own alot of land so I think expansion was always the idea, I know I've heard the hotel thing for at least 10 years.

A steeper switchback would be the way to go in my opinion, get a real trail designer and have something with some vert but with a double fall line and actual turns. A turnier Dreamweaver or a steeper switchback kinda thing....another noob tube could work out though and they certainly need it.

• Like 1

i could be wrong here... but i've heard rumors of the new trail being a dedicated terrain park trail, which would turn sidewinder back into a regular skiing trail. sidewinder is a terrible trail for a park and pretty much everyone up there knows it, it's just the hand they're dealt right now.

• Like 2

i could be wrong here... but i've heard rumors of the new trail being a dedicated terrain park trail, which would turn sidewinder back into a regular skiing trail. sidewinder is a terrible trail for a park and pretty much everyone up there knows it, it's just the hand they're dealt right now.

I didn't even think of that but that's the way to go. Opens up Sidewinder which is a good skiing trail and gets the park people some space as maybe noobs won't be able to see it from the lift.

I'm thinking just a big wide straight down the line trail......

I didn't even think of that but that's the way to go. Opens up Sidewinder which is a good skiing trail and gets the park people some space as maybe noobs won't be able to see it from the lift.

I think it depends on the existing terrain.

If it warrants a park, then so be it. But if they're gonna waste some good steep just to make a park, then no.

Regardless, the more terrain the better!

• Like 1

Noobs will find the park no matter where it is.

• Like 1