Blue Mountain Waterpark

snorovr

It would be pretty awesome to help create a new trail, and I'm pretty good with a wood chipper if I do say so myself. However I don't think there is enough tea in china to even cover the first month's premium for the insurance that would cover a bunch of random people running all over a mountain with chainsaws. :wiggle

Lots of mountains up north had volunteer glade cutting crews in the fall... Some of them even give vouchers for your service on those days... Magic doesn't do half the skier visits of Blue, probably doesn't have half the insurance of Blue, and allows volunteers to run willy nilly all over the mountain after the designated trail cutting is finished... They even allow a volunteer to climb trees to de limb... This is also coming from the same mountain that now closes in mid march and closes on rainy days... Who knows what they are thinking, but resumes for bike park help? Really?

Trail work is tough.....alot of people like the idea a hell of alot better than spending 10 hours trimming trees and burning brush piles

In my mind I picture beer involved in the equation, but without that I agree with you it probably sucks.

that's what i heard. i guess 100% complete by 2016? who knows. if its anything like the rest of the stuff Blue does (nightmare and dreamweaver) , it will be done by 2025.

• Like 1

yeah, plenty of trail work to be done for the bike park! from my understanding, asking for resumes is probably just a step to mitigate risk and liability. you don't really want any random person to show up and just start hacking away at trees where they think the trail should go. this way, it's a much more organized effort with a clear path to completion when everyone's on the same page. but yeah, email them and say you wanna help with trail work! i helped out a bit last time around for the bike park and it's pretty cool to get to ride trail that you helped build.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cameland isn't on top of a mountain like blues waterpark will be....anybody know how the construction progress is going???

I drive past it every day on my way to work. It's a pain in the ass. The construction crew has a stop light up there that takes forever to change. Progress wise, they knocked all of the trees down and built the entrance. At least Blue's waterpark wont be an eyesore when your skiing like CB's. It's in a totally different area away from the slopes.

Wish they would rearrange the traffic flow to prevent people from driving in the exit way, which screws up the one-way flow.

Yeah I know, "park at the base lodge instead", but I have reasons to have to park at the summit lodge.

Edited by indiggio

Has there been a master site plan posted? I would love to see exactly where the park will go and what road improvements/moving they have to do in order to get this done.

Furthermore, one of the articles says that they are doing this because they want to fuel a year round business to justify a hotel. That being said, isn't the planned hotel supposed to be in the valley while the waterpark and early season snowmaking is concentrated at the top?

Four attractions? That's it? I think it would be hard to pull people they are dead center between blue and the shore or six flags. Are there plans to add more attractions each year?

I would imagine that has to be the plan. CB adds attractions every year. I would imagine that after Sno Cove gets their finances in order and appropriate renovations done, that they will also add to their water park. So if I am reading this correctly, all of the attractions will be to the left of the current access road in that flat spot? Does that not effect parking?

Seems like the waterpark will be on the north side of the access road in an area that was all woods. How would that affect parking?

From the pics in that article it looked like the water park would be to the left of the access road if I were driving toward the lodge. Aren't there a couple lots/parking on the side of the road there?

Has there been a master site plan posted? I would love to see exactly where the park will go and what road improvements/moving they have to do in order to get this done.

Furthermore, one of the articles says that they are doing this because they want to fuel a year round business to justify a hotel. That being said, isn't the planned hotel supposed to be in the valley while the waterpark and early season snowmaking is concentrated at the top?

Ok Frank Lloyd Wright. You should quit ski patrol and become an architect.

• Like 2