Can't we all just get along?

sexkitten

I joined PASR when I first started skiing. I found the site through a link on the Bear Creek website and used mainly for condition and trip reports. As time went on I started posting and it became a place to talk about skiing and eventually a way to meet up and hang out with other skiers and riders who love the sport as much as I do. Every member I met was welcoming and cool and took a run or two with me even though I was easily the worst skier of the group pretty much every time out. I definitely enjoyed the company, conversation, tips, etc. I felt like part of something special… so much so that I became a subscriber and even helped to set up some site events.

A year or so ago I noticed an attitude change. Instead of people being welcoming and fun they were clique-y and mean. I’m not going to point fingers or name names but there were and still are people who are outright nasty both online and in
person. I won’t lie… my feelings were hurt… but I’m a big girl so I decided to stop posting and disassociated myself with the site. I felt sad that it came to that and to this day I really do miss skiing with other members and hanging out with the Blue Crew.

This morning I read that Doug had also been cliqued out and I felt compelled to write. He and I have absolutely had our ups and downs but he was never, ever mean or made me feel like an outsider. He was and I think still is one of the most
genuine and helpful members on PASR. Of course he’s also annoying and childish but you take the good with the bad where people are concerned. I’m sure a lot of people here will call me a fan boy and that’s fine cause I am. I am definitely a fan of a person who took the time on a bunch of occasions to ski a run or two with my slow ass. I am a fan of a guy who gave me pointers and tips to help me get better and praised when I actually improved a smidge. I’m a fan of someone who puts every detail of his trips up for me to read and live through vicariously. He’s an asshole, but Doug is one of the few
remaining welcoming, kind people on PASR.

Rant over. Thanks for reading if you did. Maybe this will help people to lighten up a little and remember how fun and cool it can be to include the people outside of the clique. Probably not. Oh well. Hopefully I’ll see some of you guys out there before the season is over.

• Like 5

really i'll take neck tat's (although i was really hoping for eyelid tats), the daily sibhusky pics and barb's reports over gss's daily dribble any day. if nothing else he's a funny dude and has a zinger every now and then. i understand the entertainmeny factor for the newer folks but ive been around here way too long so its just his shit just old and worn out as far as i'm concerned, i really don't pay much attention either way. i like pandas

• Like 4

No we can't hence the posts.

Doug is cool and if he wants to pose here he should do so end of story.

Its always going to be kind of a circle jerk and that's fine but sometimes the mob mentality gets stupid.

Two life lessons that always apply

1. Try not to be a cunt

2. Be kind for everyone you meet if fighting a difficult battle

• Like 3

No we can't hence the posts.

Doug is cool and if he wants to pose here he should do so end of story.

Its always going to be kind of a circle jerk and that's fine but sometimes the mob mentality gets stupid.

Two life lessons that always apply

1. Try not to be a cunt

2. Be kind for everyone you meet if fighting a difficult battle

life lessons are always good. when is Doug coming back?

Doug's very repeticious antics can get annoying at times. When you've heard the same 20 one liners for the 500th time but it's all in good light hearted fun. It's kind of like getting sand in your swim trunks. Its annoying but you dont really hate the sand and you know the sand makes the beach a better place.

With that being said if not for Dougs overwhelming outgoingness and welcoming of new people many probably would have never got together with the PASR crew, myself included. There's a bunch of great people here and it definatly can feel clickish but that's only natural being the core group has likly known eachother for a very very long time.

I vote for unbanning of Doug before he gets to butt hurt because I think his good far outweighs the bad.

• Like 1

in order to calm everyone down, here are some napping pandas:

c38f3b66-0358-4524-b78c-b1f09d715081_zps

Who doesn't love pandas?

Most dangerous game you know.

Don't you mean man? Man is the most dangerous game?

You've never been between a momma panda and her cubs then.

Gotta love those gray market safaris.

On another note, everyone chillax. Grilled steeze is dumb, but that's half the fun, and I'm not really missing too much of Doug lyfe anyway thanks to my facebook feed exploding from Mr. Steeze Sandwich every day.

Let's just all have fun and have more PASR days, drink a bunch of beer on the lifts together, read highly detailed trip reports about Haunted Houses and ski so fast that our hair almost catches on fire.

• Like 3

I am so in on this. Wanna practice?

fuck yeah! :cuddle:

I don't and never have had any real issues with Doug, I bust his balls, he busts mine... All in good fun. I'm sure this doesn't have much to do with me but..... With that said...

What you talking about Willis?

pandas. lots and lots of pandas.

xy6tM_zpsb42c606c.gif