Ten Dollar Tuesday

oldtimeskier

My youngest son is home from college on break. Heading up early tomorrow. Hope to post trip/conditions report and some pics If I can figure out how to use his i-phone.

Getting a bad feeling that the season is ending and dont like it. Took a day off even though I should be working.

Just back from Sno; sorry no pics.

Conditions were good, not as good as when I was there in January. Pretty empty until about noon or 1pm.

I read the other threads about the financial problems and auction. Kind of a shame that the place may close or go out of business, I always liked sno/montage despite the wierd trail layout.

The place and lifts look as though they could use an inffusion of capital, probably unlikely as they are 27 million in debt.

I have to imagine that it will be sold. I assure you that the bank did not pay all that money on top of the $8 million in debt it already has with Sno, just to hold onto it and let it rot away.

"National Penn had extended two mortgages totaling $8.9 million to Snö Mountain's ownership group and could have exercised "credit bids" without committing any money up to that amount. It is Snö Mountain's largest creditor"

I got up there around 6:30 last night and conditions were a scraped off sugar in sections, and fast hardpack in others. I was even able to find a few spots of fresh corduroy on some of the blues. The lot was around 3/4 full, but the crowds and lines thinned out around 8 and it was a pretty good session after that

I was leaving around 6, before that conditions up top was spring snow with good coverage. Still enough snow in the "glades" to mess around in. North face was sugar with some ice patches due to being in the shade. Lower Fast Track stayed in the sun for a while so did some playing on that instead of Cannonball or Boomer.

3 hours, 6,000 vert, only 8 runs = still fun day

4ea6d88042bcca4ee3dbda849f6e2f25.jpg

Wow sounds like Sno is doing some good business!!!

The problem is that all those people only paid $10....

and since Sno outsources the F&B they didn't make any extra money off the extra business. Fail.

Edited by fluffy

Since 10 dollar tuesday is such a big deal there, they are bringing it back tomorrow and Friday too.

At this point the bank wants as many skier visits as possible. It wouldn't surprise me if they started selling tickets for $1 just to up the skier visit totals for anyone that looks at purchasing the area.