Sn

Schif

Well as per their Facebook this morning, Snö mountain is officially closed for the season. I'm not upset that they are closed, the past few weekends have been dismal in terms of guests, most of whom were passholders, but to close via Facebook midweek with no warning is a classless move. I had every intention to go for a RAW session tonight, guess that's not happening now.

I have no problem with the fact that things are tough for them money wise, but if you have any intention on ever continuing in this entertainment/service based industry, moves like this, and the other small ones I've noticed in the past few weeks are more detrimental than the loss of capital.

Close during the week, and push for one or two extra weekends, push them, throw parties, market the last few days, it doesn't matter, but the way it looks right now is that the accountant said close so its all over. Put up a facade of good fortune, that's all it takes to inspire confidence. The bad position looks a lot worse now than it actually does on the books. I'm not saying you should really care about the image, but at least pretend to in front of the customers.

Guess I'll be seeing you guys at blue this weekend.

• Like 1

Damn dude sorry, that's a real shitty move.

I don't understand how these assholes don't understand that pass holder/mgmt is a relationship. I can't think of anything else where you pony up hundreds of dollars months in advance with really very little guarantee that your going to get something. These people are very important, they don't make you that sweet sweet profit, that's noobs with kids renting and buying lots of food but the pass holders float you in the really bad years and during the off season.

So you got to show them some respect and treat them with common decency which is don't lie and don't pull midnight bs moves.

This isn't all that surprising considering the financial situation...it wouldn't sunrise me if they aren't open next year which is sad.

This is actually somewhat similar to how they normally close Frost, never a real definite date, just a "we will see how things hold up". you leave for the weekend thinking they will be open the following weeknd, and then midweek decide they have had enough, but, they keep boulder open. yippee.

I know excactly how you feel. This year they really extended the season at frost, so i give them kudos there. Maybe it makes up for grooming out every inch of fresh powder....maybe.

i was kind of wondering how long they would stay open past the 6th, which was suppossed to be the closing date for the sale. Since the bank owns the property now at at about half of what they are owed on it, i can see how they wouldnt care about Joe Passholder, or making a couple of bucks.....to them its like pisssing into the wind. And i am pretty sure they have no interest in running the place, alot more interest in selling the place.

Y'all know Sno isn't currently owned by anyone who knows anything about the ski industry, right? If it were up to whatever managerial structure was remaining there, they'd have pushed for some end of year fun stuff. But the bank got 'em and they want to stop hemmoraging $$$. Word does have it that employees there were told they have a job next year. Whether that means coming back as on-snow work or coming back with chainsaws and wrenches to start gutting the place for condos, who knows.

There is a private golf club there. Pretty nice course actually.

Really huh? Didn't know that. Never poked around up there much. Full 18 holes? I'm pretty sure it was more or less a recent thing and not part of the original development. Could be wrong there too.

Been there for 20 years. They used to (don't think they do anymore) host a PGA tour event once a year.

Something i didnt know, i haven't been there much in many years but never saw an advert. or sign pointing to a course off the access road.

I think Scrantons rich and famous is anybody who makes over $50,000 a year lol. Scranton makes me appreciate Allentown.

Isn't $50k a bit generous GSS? I'd lean more towards 'just has a job'.

Those DunderMifflin guys are ballers

Median income of Scranton is higher than Allentown FWIW.

Really huh? Didn't know that. Never poked around up there much. Full 18 holes? I'm pretty sure it was more or less a recent thing and not part of the original development. Could be wrong there too.

When I went to the University back in 96 it was there, not sure how long it was there before that. And yeah they used to do a PGA event there. You can see some of it from the road if you are looking for it.

I was always under the impression Sno had a hard time making money because of the local population and it's lack of funds. They really used to try to draw in the local schools with good group rates and other small perks. But in all my years skiing or working there, I never recall a lift line longer than a few minutes. I was hoping for one more beverage at the bar before they shut the door. Will have to check bear out instead. Two stroke fumes and beer, life is goood!

KC seems to only pop up when things are good. I guess the Scranton paper wasnt that bad of reporting after all

I bet the powers that be told him to stop talking.

KC seems to only pop up when things are good. I guess the Scranton paper wasnt that bad of reporting after all

I bet the powers that be told him to stop talking.

• Like 1

I agree with that. They have no BS to feed us so they put a gag on everyone.

Why the bash on KC? you know he wasnt an owner, right? He didnt fuck the place up. As far as i could tell, he was helping to hold the place together. I give KC props for sticking around pasr, and actually Sno for that matter.....i mean, every other mountain rep has been chased off of here. KC was out on the mountain taking pictures, talking to people...etc....very visible representative from the mountain.

Just so you know, you wont find a guy walking around JFBB that looks anything like the picture in fluffys posts.

• Like 4

Why the bash on KC? you know he wasnt an owner, right? He didnt fuck the place up. As far as i could tell, he was helping to hold the place together. I give KC props for sticking around pasr, and actually Sno for that matter.....i mean, every other mountain rep has been chased off of here. KC was out on the mountain taking pictures, talking to people...etc....very visible representative from the mountain.

Just so you know, you wont find a guy walking around JFBB that looks anything like the picture in fluffys posts.

This

I agree with that. They have no BS to feed us so they put a gag on everyone.

This. KC was a real nice dude when we met him. You could tell he was genuinely passionate about the place.

Fluffy spends a lot of time in the sno forum.

Uh oh. Looks like it's pick on fluffy day. I guess it's my turn.

1) I never said anything bad about KC. Just that the attorneys/powers that be probably told him to keep quiet.

2) It's not my job to walk around JF and talk to people.

3) Every single one of you jerks spends time in every single mountain's forums. I'm not allowed to be involved in the Sno forum? Since it's operations have been in question and the mountain up for sale I have had a particular interest in following it.

4) Don't give KC too much credit for supporting Sno. He inquired about employment at other mountains at the beginning of the season. I'm willing to bet he would have quickly jumped ship if a position was available.

5) LOL at JFskiDan. Thanks for letting everyone know they won't see anyone matching my profile picture walking around JFBB. I'm sure they all thought that was really me!

Calling KC out for talking to other mountains is pretty harsh. That's his business, not PASR's. That being said, I don't blame him for inquiring about employment at other mountains. He was probably just as unsure about Sno opening as we were. The guy probably needed a job and a backup plan. That doesn't diminish the fact that he clearly has enthusiasm for the place.

Edited by Ridge Racer

Uh oh. Looks like it's pick on fluffy day. I guess it's my turn.

1) I never said anything bad about KC. Just that the attorneys/powers that be probably told him to keep quiet.

2) It's not my job to walk around JF and talk to people.

3) Every single one of you jerks spends time in every single mountain's forums. I'm not allowed to be involved in the Sno forum? Since it's operations have been in question and the mountain up for sale I have had a particular interest in following it.

4) LOL at JFskiDan. Thanks for letting everyone know they won't see anyone matching my profile picture walking around JFBB. I'm sure they all thought that was really me!