Our New Name....Montage Mountain Resorts...New owners.

KCSKI

Every ownership group is different. I will give them cred until they start going downhill. I know everyone is different in management, and we have moved forward, but last fall we had this same talk and it backfired. I hope it works out this time. I hate seeing a mountain go out of business and I think Snotage has potential. Lets see how it goes...

Yeah...ok...that's right..no one really has anything finalised and already there are those that have that cloud over the mountain. Like..let's not even give it a chance.

Pathetic actually.

I am not casting any cloud.

You kinda are. I'm digging KCs positive attitude. They don't even have one ski day under their belt yet. Lets see what happens.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I am not casting any cloud. Your new bosses are in the same boat. Only good guy up there is Mark.

Our new bosses are in the boat of "Enthusiastic"..and wanting to get started to reverse the bad image. Sure they may jump the gun on things and maybe screw something up in the beginning, but that is to be expected a little at first. They are excited and can't wait to make their mark on the ski industry in this region.

There are a lot of good guys up there. ALL of them pitched in despite all the negativity and cloud of uncertanty these past few seasons to keep things running. No one stuck to just "their" jobs..they did everything and anything to keep the place operational. Personally myself I was garbage truck driver, snow plow driver, in the rental department..doing pics, running lifts..as was everyone else. No matter what people said or did to tear us down we made it work. Imagine for a moment what we are going to be able to do now.

• Like 1

Our new bosses are in the boat of "Enthusiastic"..and wanting to get started to reverse the bad image. Sure they may jump the gun on things and maybe screw something up in the beginning, but that is to be expected a little at first. They are excited and can't wait to make their mark on the ski industry in this region.

There are a lot of good guys up there. ALL of them pitched in despite all the negativity and cloud of uncertanty these past few seasons to keep things running. No one stuck to just "their" jobs..they did everything and anything to keep the place operational. Personally myself I was garbage truck driver, snow plow driver, in the rental department..doing pics, running lifts..as was everyone else. No matter what people said or did to tear us down we made it work. Imagine for a moment what we are going to be able to do now.

office-space-bobs.jpg

Thanks for keeping us updated, K.C.

I hope the new management makes a go of it. Their plan may be to make the place profitable then sell to another operator to recoop some of their previous investment. But that's OK. I hope they keep some of the discount pricing like the $25.00 morning tickets and a discount weekday. They need to give people a reason to drive past the competition from the NYC and Philly metro areas to see what great snowmaking and terrain they have.

I also like the name change back to Montage. No one I talked to knew what Sno was but they knew Montage.

Hopefully, they will change the names of the "Snake" and whatever trails names were added under the old management back to railroad theme names to give some continuity to the trail names. With Steamtown right in Scranton maybe they can partner with some others trying to market the area under a common theme.

• Like 3

Do these new guys have more capital to work with? With a sustainable budget, and not many ridiculous expansions (waterpark), they should be able to run the place at a profit...

Yes they do....and as far as the water park...that basically paid itself off last season as it was a very big success and for once we had a decent Summer and good crowds (Peach Festival)..and almost every weekend was at or near capacity, so..in hindsight we can chalk this up as a win.

• Like 1

Thanks for keeping us updated, K.C.

I hope the new management makes a go of it. Their plan may be to make the place profitable then sell to another operator to recoop some of their previous investment. But that's OK. I hope they keep some of the discount pricing like the $25.00 morning tickets and a discount weekday. They need to give people a reason to drive past the competition from the NYC and Philly metro areas to see what great snowmaking and terrain they have.

I also like the name change back to Montage. No one I talked to knew what Sno was but they knew Montage.

Hopefully, they will change the names of the "Snake" and whatever trails names were added under the old management back to railroad theme names to give some continuity to the trail names. With Steamtown right in Scranton maybe they can partner with some others trying to market the area under a common theme.

That could be the long term game plan, I know in my investments I like to make $$ at it and then sell off at a profit and go look for something else, that's how the game works, however in this case my gut feeling is the group/owners may stick around longer as they have an invested interest in Scranton & the area around it. As far as the name....totally agree as "Sno" was never popular and with all the past issues it's something we need to get out from under. I like "Montage Mountain Resort" Sounds real and not a playground.

The RR themed names I am all for as I am a RR enthuisast (Abandoned research is my favorite non bike activity)..and..yes, the idea of Steamtown, even the trolley using parts of the original Laurel Line up to the stadium...that can all tie together nicely for the mountain and will benefit not only MMR, but all the businesses up there.

^ The ZipRider got heavily vandalized late last Summer...steps were not broken, the supports were actually stolen for them. In the process of being repaired..and new security cameras are also being installed in key points around the mountain. Shame as for the most part it's always been a "Don't bother anything & we won't bother you" sorta thing up there.