2013/2014 New Equipment Thread

RootDKJ

In the process of a new touring setup.

Technica Cochise Pro Light with Dynafit Mansaslu.

Only bindings left, can't decide between Radical Speeds or Plum's, might not be worth the extra loot for the Plums.......gonna need new skins as the old one's are in a tree at Bennie's Brook..........

• Like 1

In the process of a new touring setup.

Technica Cochise Pro Light with Dynafit Mansaslu.

Only bindings left, can't decide between Radical Speeds or Plum's, might not be worth the extra loot for the Plums.......gonna need new skins as the old one's are in a tree at Bennie's Brook..........

Where'd you get the Pro Lights? Still procrastinating the purchase of those or the 130's.

Sister's pro form, haven't had them out yet, waiting on bindings but they are super light and way more comfortable than alpine boots.

What's the pro form price, TC has it with Scarpa and Scott, which I'm not interested in. Said he could get them over in Stowe for me. Just curious of how big the savings is.

What's the pro form price, TC has it with Scarpa and Scott, which I'm not interested in. Said he could get them over in Stowe for me. Just curious of how big the savings is.

Backcountry is 800, proform was 350ish.

Normally pro form is 40-60% of retail though some companies have special one timers for certain shops. My sister had a 686 dealio a few years back were you could get a full suit for like 100$, Dynastar also had a program awhile back with steeper discounts. 800-1000 dollar skis for 250 and what not. I have found the discounts are excellent but delivery can be spotty, one pair of FKS's showed up in three days the other was like three months. Thought it's possible my sister forgot about the other pair as she is related to me.

Backcountry is 800, proform was 350ish.

Normally pro form is 40-60% of retail though some companies have special one timers for certain shops. My sister had a 686 dealio a few years back were you could get a full suit for like 100$, Dynastar also had a program awhile back with steeper discounts. 800-1000 dollar skis for 250 and what not. I have found the discounts are excellent but delivery can be spotty, one pair of FKS's showed up in three days the other was like three months. Thought it's possible my sister forgot about the other pair as she is related to me.

Thanks, sounds like I'll try to pro form with TC if he can get a similar deal, that's a pretty significant savings.

Thanks, sounds like I'll try to pro form with TC if he can get a similar deal, that's a pretty significant savings.

Pro form is tough to beat after you don't want to buy shit any other way.

A friend has Scarpa Maestrale's and he likes them. I can't vouch for anything fit or performance wise but I can tell you they can take a beating.

Just wear alpine's for a couple of tours and then any AT boot is a dream LOL

Pro form is tough to beat after you don't want to buy shit any other way.

A friend has Scarpa Maestrale's and he likes them. I can't vouch for anything fit or performance wise but I can tell you they can take a beating.

Just wear alpine's for a couple of tours and then any AT boot is a dream LOL

I've got Endorphins which I love, great fit, no pain, but too soft for charging. I want at least a 120 flex.

Those pro form prices seem similar to Internet sales.

If you can find me a pair for $350 that aren't a size 24 or 32, hook me up. I've scoured the webz and that price doesn't exist for that boot, the 120's or the 130's.

I'm saying like the shiros I got retail for $850 and I got them for $360. Binders usually $300 for $120.

Mor Ghoul become a pro to get the pro form deals. Sponging off others deals bad for the industry

It's not sponging when someone offers. I didn't ask. Not taking advantage of a good deal is pretty stupid.

I'm saying like the shiros I got retail for $850 and I got them for $360. Binders usually $300 for $120.

Mor Ghoul become a pro to get the pro form deals. Sponging off others deals bad for the industry

what bindings are you putting on the shiros? Also, are they this years shiros or last years?

Shiros arrived still waiting on binders then next mission will be finding somewhere to mount them fast if that's not possible will get them mounted in JH

Pelican in quakertown was able to mount mine with a less than 24 hour turn around time before my trip to Maine last year.

I bought a new ski bag today which will fit the Shiros plus another pair..I've been through 3 ski bags in the past several years cause they all eventually rip or tear. This one is the most quality one so hopefully lasts several years...

http://www.powder7.com/Dynastar-2-3-Pairs-Wheel-Bag-Luggage/sale

I have a similar Armada Ancorage bag, they are bulletproof but they never stay in one piece long. Airport throwers fucking hate them because they are very heavy so straps and what not are always getting ripped off. Additionally if your going through non ski airports they just throw it on the conveyor and some where in the process it gets jammed which rips the fabric.

Whatever I just patch mine up and keep rolling, fuckers want to rip all the straps off see how easy is to lift with no straps......

• Like 1