2013/2014 New Equipment Thread

RootDKJ

probably no new gear for me this year - as much as i need it...

If you need something like got to have it let me know and I can see if my sister can hook you up.

I desperately need to get new pants as every pair I have now are way to big around the waist. I'm gonna hold off until November, as I'm still losing my fat.

Saw your pic on FB your looking sleek dude, gonna be mad fast this year.

• Like 1

Johnny law u see the picture of Root with no shirt on in Florida?

I'm sure I did but I don't remember anything specific about it.

I'm not the most observant person when it comes to people, my wife makes a big deal about getting her hair cut but fuck if I can tell the difference which inevitably leads to you didn't tell me you liked my new hair kind of conversations. I wonder if I could get her hair dude to text me.............

• Like 6

If you need something like got to have it let me know and I can see if my sister can hook you up.

Saw your pic on FB your looking sleek dude, gonna be mad fast this year.

Thanks man. I've really been going hard at the gym lately and eating super healthy (nothing processed). I'm not trying to go faster, but go better. More technical, improved balance & stamina. It's going to be a great season.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I recently bought a brand new pair of pants and jacket for when I'm not patrolling. I also bought a Smuggler's Notch Bash Badge Plus and got a Killington Express Card. Im trying them both out this year to see if they are worth the savings for next year. Since I will get my pass from Sugarbush

free for patrolling, I have a little extra cash to spend elsewhere. I'll most likely use the Smuggs Pass for an off day or two each week i'm up there (free skiing from opening until Dec 10 and from March 10 till closing), and the Killington Card for early season and possibly a random mid season day at Pico.

Smuggs sent the pass last week but sent me the regular Bash Badge (no free skiing) instead of the correct one. After comparing ticket prices for different product options with the lady over the phone, we figured out (as I already knew), that I had indeed bought the Bash Badge Plus. She sent a new one (which apparently got here today) and told me to cut up the old one and throw it away.

Now all I need is some cold weather to use them.

• Like 2

I'm looking at getting a pair of skis to get on this season. Anyone have recommendations for a nice all mountain twin tip for a rookie skier? Also on the cheaper side of things because I still need to allocate cash to new snowboard stuff too.

Used ski boots go for that much? Damn lol

They were bascially brand new 11/12 tecnica Cochise's, but yeah, I was pretty surprised and the guy I was talking to on Tuesday that was setting up was pretty shocked as well. It's all about marketing. I had all the parts in the box (Soles, wrenches, manual, etc) and a note with an explanation. Plus, its KOP.

The odor of my old Bern helmet is not vacating the premises, so I have one of the new Smith Vantage helmets arriving next week. That may be it for me this year on the new gear front. We shall see, though.

I doubt this counts/helps, but they repaved Village Road at LP and the access road at Mt. Ellen. Huge improvement.

Saving for ski season didn't work so well...next paycheck gotta pay bills and fund the GSS-Lyfe...one after that gotta buy blue pass and give Atomic Jeff $$$ for JH..one after that new jacket..helmet..gloves..pants...night skiing goggles. XMAS bonus new pow skis...610 struggle up in here.

It's obviously none of my business as to your financial situation, but where does all your money go? You seem to always work and never have money. Are you hitting the Sands again?

Oh, that's awesome. Village Road was always like driving through Beirut.

Lots of people complaining because of a special assessment on the road for the paving (I'm sure your bro in law got one), but it needed to be done and is so much nicer... Haters gonna hate!!!

They were bascially brand new 11/12 tecnica Cochise's, but yeah, I was pretty surprised and the guy I was talking to on Tuesday that was setting up was pretty shocked as well. It's all about marketing. I had all the parts in the box (Soles, wrenches, manual, etc) and a note with an explanation. Plus, its KOP.

What size ? I need new touring boots....

What size ? I need new touring boots....

That was the problem, they're 29's and that isn't a huge market. I thought I had them sold a while ago on TGR but that fell thru. I had originally ordered them online, were "too small" and then I overestimated a larger size. They felt fine until I used them for about 5-6 runs last december. Bummed because I liked them and had to lose some cash selling em. I was really surprised because they had Cochise's on sale this week for about 349, softer flexes though ; 90's and 110's I think. I'll use the cash to buy another pair there this week to take advantage of the sale. When I bought them, it was the first year or second year they made them, and no one local had them in stock to try on. PSA: Buckman's price matches, apples for apples, if you find it cheaper somewhere else or online.