2013/2014 New Equipment Thread

RootDKJ

That was the problem, they're 29's and that isn't a huge market. I thought I had them sold a while ago on TGR but that fell thru. I had originally ordered them online, were "too small" and then I overestimated a larger size. They felt fine until I used them for about 5-6 runs last december. Bummed because I liked them and had to lose some cash selling em. I was really surprised because they had Cochise's on sale this week for about 349, softer flexes though ; 90's and 110's I think. I'll use the cash to buy another pair there this week to take advantage of the sale. When I bought them, it was the first year or second year they made them, and no one local had them in stock to try on. PSA: Buckman's price matches, apples for apples, if you find it cheaper somewhere else or online.

Correction about Buckman's price matching, apparently its only for other brick n mortar offers, although my buddy got them to match an online REI offer for 11/12 Gotama leftovers for $350. They had them reduced to $449 in the tent last week. Pretty sweet deal for a new pair.

Edited by moe ghoul

Correction about Buckman's price matching, apparently its only for other brick n mortar offers, although my buddy got them to match an online REI offer for 11/12 Gotama leftovers for $350. They had them reduced to $449 in the tent last week. Pretty sweet deal for a new pair.

I'd rather buy them online...you're still going to pay sales tax on that price matched offer.

I'd rather buy them online...you're still going to pay sales tax on that price matched offer.

Pricewise, agreed, but unless I can try the boot on in a store first to make certain of the size, boots can be a hit or miss. If you have to return them or exchange them online, the postage far outweighs the sales tax.

Got myself new boots after 462 days on the last pair.

http://www.head.com/ski/products/boots/women/challenger-110-mya/6366/?region=us

Interestingly, they were ten bucks cheaper at my local store compared to any price I've found on the net since then.

Do they have the adjustable last ? I wonder if they are still doing that.......

Kinda concerning that they were actively making the boot narrower and it was wide enough that you didn't even feel a difference.

Ummm, yeah, I was a little concerned, but my foot wasn't pressured at the time, as it was up in the air. Frankly, I'm thinking of loosening it so I can tighten it later and not pack it too quickly. Sat with the boots on today while I worked on the PC. Several red spots that were not noticeable while the boot was on, might go away if I loosened it. Too dangerous to walk in this house though, no carpet. The adjustment is pretty tiny, 2mm.

Edited by sibhusky

Ummm, yeah, I was a little concerned, but my foot wasn't pressured at the time, as it was up in the air. Frankly, I'm thinking of loosening it so I can tighten it later and not pack it too quickly. Sat with the boots on today while I worked on the PC. Several red spots that were not noticeable while the boot was on, might go away if I loosened it. Too dangerous to walk in this house though, no carpet. The adjustment is pretty tiny, 2mm.

The ones I saw two years ago were 100-104 which is tiny.

I'd actually like them to go the other way, after a couple of hours of riding my boots are like slippers, probably just need to ride in stiffer boots anyways.

Narrow Last - Narrow lasted boots normally have a forefoot width of 97 mm to 98 mm, and are quite narrow through the midfoot as well. These boots are best for people with narrow and low volume feet.

Average Last - Average lasted boots have a forefoot width of around 100 mm (give or take a millimeter). These boots fit average feet well out of the box, and have a more relaxed fit through the midfoot and heel than narrow lasted boots.

Wide Last - Wide lasted boots are best suited to skiers with wider and higher volume feet, and typically have a forefoot width of between 102 mm and 106 mm.

I don't have a Lange foot, what can I tell you?

Edited by sibhusky

I don't have a Lange foot, what can I tell you?

No such thing as a "Lange foot" anymore...it isn't 2005. *Most* of Lange's boots are 100mm, and the softer stuff is even 102mm. Even their race stuff is available in 100 (but normally 97).

I just made a purchase that makes me nervous. I was in a RS130 27.5 and am going to go down to an RS140 in a 26.5. The 26.5 part scares me :ph34r:

No such thing as a "Lange foot" anymore...it isn't 2005. *Most* of Lange's boots are 100mm, and the softer stuff is even 102mm. Even their race stuff is available in 100 (but normally 97).

False. I tried on both 97 and 100 lasted Langes last week and neither fit. I could barely get my foot into the 97 and the 100 was super sloppy.

Edited by AngryHugo

I just made a purchase that makes me nervous. I was in a RS130 27.5 and am going to go down to an RS140 in a 26.5. The 26.5 part scares me :ph34r:

BSL?

You're just a freak of nature.

The 27.5 boot is a 27 shell and the 26.5 boot is a 26 shell so the difference is pretty minor once the liners pack out a little.

You might as well go plugs at this point, Dobies with the a good shave job....Lange has the WC RPZA which are 92mm.......can you ride 140 boots all day off groomers ? Regardless your Lange evangelism must be working thinking about grabbing a pair of RX 120's