Renovations at Montage

Skiier14

Does anyone have any pictures of the renovations going on at Montage? From their website the new bar area looks really nice.

If KC checks in, he will be able to get you some more pics. My guess is that it might be awhile since his bike business is probably pretty busy right now.

I haven't been up there in a while, but from what I've heard, its all pretty swanky now. They are renovating all over the place and I know a lot of people who have been going on adult swim nights on Thursday and loving the place.

Ohh...I'm here..usually check the board a few times a week.

As far as renovations...yes. Most of you won't recognize the lodge when you see it for the first time since this season. A ton of loot was spent..let's face it, it needed it a long time ago.

Besides the lodge, other projects are underway as well at this time. Now, I'm not too sure on details as I haven't been up there too much this Summer, This will change now as September rolls around I'll start getting phone calls to basically get my shit together as far as Terrain Park Plans/Photography stuff...Dom will be back as he has already had the pow-wow with the new owners...looks like he's getting his game plan all set for the park.

As things develop I'll let you know.

• Like 1

KC, do you know if the bar area will go back to "over 21" access only like it used to be....or will it be open to all ages? i ask this b/c last season we tried to get seating in there and it was always a hassel b/c people (kids and large family groups) would bring their cafeteria food or bagged lunches into the bar area and take up lots of space. not cool.

KC, do you know if the bar area will go back to "over 21" access only like it used to be....or will it be open to all ages? i ask this b/c last season we tried to get seating in there and it was always a hassel b/c people (kids and large family groups) would bring their cafeteria food or bagged lunches into the bar area and take up lots of space. not cool.

Good question. I cursed loudly in front of some kids by accident when I was there last year, not realizing that it was a family dynamic going on in there.

$25.00 morning tickets will definitely get me and several of my friends up there a few times this season. The 10 o'clock crowd will always pay the full price anyway so the morning deal is definitely a winner for the mountain and the early birds who otherwise wouldn't come. Real extra revenue.

• 1 month later...

According to what I have heard and have seen on the mountains facebook and replies to the question of $10 Tuesday, that is not in the price options this season. Like someone had mentioned above the mountain needs to make money, and the main reason the $10 Tuesday was offered was to at least keep people coming and keep the lights on the past 2 seasons. It worked, that is a given, but it was what us old moto cross riders used to call "Moto fill" by keeping people coming and although not a lot of money, enough to keep heads above water.

Montage Mountain Resort needs to move beyond that now and has to develop a solid financial plan and price structure to sustain itself and to keep bringing the badly needed improvements they need to once again make the place a place that people want to go to besides super low pricing.

Alot has been going on...the lodge was gutted, a new rental/retail building is under construction where the old trailer for rental was..the parking lot is being fitted with a new bus drop off place...all the lifts..yes ALL THE LIFTS went thru and passed inspection and at least all the eletrical issues with Long haul have been taken care of. There are new light towers being installed and the park scene has been expanded to include 3 parks with new features...so..yes...big changes are being done and being made ready for this upcoming season.

• Like 7