Renovations at Montage

Skiier14

all the lifts..yes ALL THE LIFTS went thru and passed inspection and at least all the eletrical issues with Long haul have been taken care of.

sweet! hopefully this means there will be no loading restrictions on the long haul lift....and may be they can run it a little bit faster too.

Just talked to Dom, who is in charge of the Terrain Park again this season....they have been working now the past 2 weeks getting stuff started and already all the rails are done and have been moved from the shop up to the slopes and tarped over waiting to be set, so that in itself is a vast improvement...working on the wall rides yesterday and tmr..and the small Zog half pipe cutter is being re-worked and readied.

Lights..yes, there is a swarm of electricians up there getting at least that issue taken care of...my hope is that when it comes to lights on/off...it can be done from one master control panel instead of wasting time travelling up and down slopes throwing switches.

Lol..loading restrictions...yeah, character maybe but a pain in the ass.

• Like 1

So I guess that means that the $200 off peak pass is off the table. I guess I'll snag a regular one today on the end of the discount period.

That is correct, again...it was used the past few seasons just to get people to come to the mountain. Maybe a little devious but considering it never failed that right before the season opened the media would do all it could to paint a bleak picture of what was going on we had to show we were there and open. Brings back a little chuckle actually....pre season last year after the BK was announced and of course the naysayers were lined up I had one guy on the mountain fb berate the hell out of me..called me out as being a liar and that the place would never spin a lift again. Well, the first night the snow guns and lights came on I messaged him and asked him to come on up and enjoy the view.

He unfriended me.

Only good thing from the consumer standpoint was as far as the discount pricing was that we forced all the other resorts to follow suit...so, everyone benefited I guess with the lower regional pricing.

• Like 2

All the best for the mountain under new ownership, hope you guys have a good season. Still need to get up there someday.

Id like to get there too, but it's just out of day trip range, and if I'm going to stay the night, I might as well keep going to the promised land. Still, all the best. It needs a good owner with a sustainable long term plan.

Id like to get there too, but it's just out of day trip range, and if I'm going to stay the night, I might as well keep going to the promised land. Still, all the best. It needs a good owner with a sustainable long term plan.

If I can get motivated, I wouldn't mind doing a multi weekday Moetel trip and hit Montage, Elk and Denton just to knock 2 of them off the bucket list. Northern PA is gonna have to produce some good snow for that to happen

Only good thing from the consumer standpoint was as far as the discount pricing was that we forced all the other resorts to follow suit...so, everyone benefited I guess with the lower regional pricing.

that's not the only thing....you guys didn't close. anytime the consumer has less option that is a bad thing for the consumer. i totally understand if the mtn needs to cut back on its discounts to raise more money....i just hope it doesn't drastically raise the pricing structure, that's all.

Ride DE doesn't ski out west.

I don't ski anywhere...

The promised land? You're going out west?

I thought that might come up. To me, at this point in my life, it's in VT, but I know most people associate that with the West. Life is always changing, so perhaps that will change for me one day as well.