13-14 new features...

burton71

moving on to some constructive mind shitting...

walls arent dying though, theyre just turning sideways. which is awesome.

id like to see some hills gettin into different builds/setups and not just features. meaning - take an ordinary feature but set it up with different lips/lines that create more than one way to hit it.

quadrilateral, pentagon, hexagon, heptagon, octagon, decagon etc etc.

a flat rail is a flat rail. a flat rail on a 10 sided lip is amazing. that even allows you to ad more than one feature, to create 2 features, in one hit. and so on.

i realize creativity is up to the rider but how many times can you stall on a 6 foot wide, 5 foot high wall and not get bored? up, down, slide 2 feet around...

setup becomes the creative part.

incorporate snow into your jib setups is what im saying. transitions and not just lips.

you guys always do nice work though.

Edited by Shadows
  • Like 1

not necessarily. 200-500 yards of snow for a dimensional lip (plus the easy push for the foundation) with a cat op who knows where to put the mass and then a crew of 3 diggers. its not like it takes 3 days to set a 6 foot wall up with transitions. you need to shut down a park if a cat is on it. not diggers. so just shut a feature down every now and then and work during the day. no need for OT or night work.

for some stuff it would take longer yea, but so what. just depends on what kind of park youre trying to create i guess.

maybe im too ambitious, idk.

honestly though, park crew consists of stoned kids thinking of setups so its not like you have to actually work at design in an office and pay them 15 dollars an hour for blueprints.

i think people just need to realize what it takes to build a park and be OK with it gettin shut down one or two days a week to build up/move around. youre park doesnt need to be open 7 days a week in PA. just let people know when it will close on facebook or whatever.

Edited by Shadows

not necessarily. 200-500 yards of snow for a dimensional lip (plus the easy push for the foundation) with a cat op who knows where to put the mass and then a crew of 3 diggers. its not like it takes 3 days to set a 6 foot wall up with transitions. you need to shut down a park if a cat is on it. not diggers. so just shut a feature down every now and then and work during the day. no need for OT or night work.

for some stuff it would take longer yea, but so what. just depends on what kind of park youre trying to create i guess.

honestly though, park crew consists of stoned kids thinking of setups so its not like you have to actually work at design in an office and pay them 15 dollars an hour for blueprints.

i think people just need to realize what it takes to build a park and be OK with it gettin shut down one or two days a week to build up/move around. youre park doesnt need to be open 7 days a week in PA. just let people know when it will close on facebook or whatever.

I know some of these words. Draw some pictures brah. It's easier to see what you mean than read what you mean if that makes any sense. If you're computer literate in the slightest you should try Sketchup. It's really easy to use and it's free. :)

"honestly though, park crew consists of stoned kids thinking of setups..."

This is an absurd stigma that will forever haunt all park crews everywhere. sigh...

I guess I was a bit vague with my comment, lol.....I was referring specifically to making and constructing the rails, boxes, walls, etc. I see your points about snow features...those should be a bit less complex to actually build...

they should read this site. whoever "they" are.

disregarding my bullshit posts and some people who frequent blue, a lot of other places should read here too.

bc just seems to have the most level headed users on here. and a tight group at that.

ive always liked the park updates here. i dont use facebook though so cant say what theyre doing over there.

they should read this site. whoever "they" are.

disregarding my bullshit posts and some people who frequent blue, a lot of other places should read here too.

bc just seems to have the most level headed users on here. and a tight group at that.

ive always liked the park updates here. i dont use facebook though so cant say what theyre doing over there.

You met two of "them" this summer man. Our park crew also consists of 20 somethings and a 30 something with full time jobs with youngins mixed in for inspiration and youthful spirit. We always appreciate "constructive" criticism so thanks for that. I'm guessing you haven't tried BC's parks in the last year or two. We have had funky setups with multiple lips on different rails and boxes, as you said it's pretty easy with just a couple diggers to shape out some creative stuff to freshen up the park.

Sidenote: Sorry I flaked on the fudge stickers. Also I still have a pair of park skis w/ binders I'd let go of dirt cheap if you still need sticks. Come up this winter if you're around, at the least for a beer or 3.