Grand Opening 12/4

Skiier14

Just got back from the Grand Opening party at the "new" Montage. The new owners did an outstanding job, with everything from the new entrance, the new lodge, lodge and retail/rental buildings, and overall atmosphere of Montage. Everything was first class, and if this is an indication, this ski season and years to come will be amazing. Sure made Sno feel like a joke.

Edited by Skiier14
  • Like 6

I was going to head up there tonight, but I got caught up putting up Christmas Lights, and I figured the party wouldn't involve getting my pass picture done anyway so I skipped it. Glad to hear it's looking good up there. I'll snap some pictures tomorrow when I run up to get my pass.

good to hear. I'm fairly excited to get up there again. I enjoyed it when it was Sno, I'm sure I will when it is Montage as well - especially with upgrades.

I was going to head up there tonight, but I got caught up putting up Christmas Lights, and I figured the party wouldn't involve getting my pass picture done anyway so I skipped it. Glad to hear it's looking good up there. I'll snap some pictures tomorrow when I run up to get my pass.

please do, and post.

2 northface trails open for today, the weirdest thing about the snow up there is that as of last night, half the lazy river is still exposed in the base area. It cuts off the Mainline/highball trails and the shuttle lift off from everything else by a chasom of concrete.

I had a little report all done up last night, but my pictures wouldn't work, so I'll have to redo it when I get a chance today

You'd think they could put a cover on it or something.

Maybe they are waiting on a shipment of barrels? They seem to have done everything else right, so I can't imagine they would blow it by pushing snow into the lazy river.

Don't worry about the Lazy River...a few years ago after it was first installed they tried the barrell technique...the weight of the snow and constant driving over the area with the cats crushed a lot of them making an issue as the season wore on...so, it's just best to cover with the guns. When the river is covered you would never know it was under the snow..so, don't worry about it. If I get a chance I'll post a pic of what it looks like under normal Winter operations...unfortunatly the weather this week screwed things up again for them, but...gonna get cold..real cold, so that should take care of this issue.