May Day - BB

JFskiDan

Just weird to hear that people come to my home. Half the time I go to Vermont and they don't know where Delaware is. I'm all about it though. Keeps our economy running.

That's true, most people don't even know it exists which is weird I mean don't they own maps.

• Like 2

Lewes, Navy Breaks but they don't break anymore, IRI but it doesn't break either.......

had one of my best surf days at IRI like 10 years ago. went for an early morning bike ride and stopped to watch the waist /chest high glassy lefts rolling in wishing i had a board. a few minutes later a surf school van rolls in loaded with boards and the dude's like sure $10 for the morning sound fair? perfect fun day

had one of my best surf days at IRI like 10 years ago. went for an early morning bike ride and stopped to watch the waist /chest high glassy lefts rolling in wishing i had a board. a few minutes later a surf school van rolls in loaded with boards and the dude's like sure $10 for the morning sound fair? perfect fun day

Old dude ? Big Wave Dave maybe, dude is legit and almost got killed in OCMD riding a winter storm.

There was a time from about 15-3 years ago when IRI was alot more consistent. North would be solid longboard waves 90% of the time. Navy would have a few hours a day when the tides were right were you could run really long rights for DE. The real magic was South Side at around dusk, if the swell was NE and it was timed right with the tides, big ripping hollow a frames would appear for 1-2 hours. They were super steep and shore break, butt tons of sand in the shorts but god damn they were fun. Body board only unless you were super skilled, flop down, super steep drop in a legit barrel for DE, go about 5 seconds and complete close out, some real pounders. Still best non-hurricane waves I've ever seen in DE.

Alas they really started pumping sand and all that shit is gone now, once Kenny died it seemed like all the swell went with him. RIP Kenny

Edited by Johnny Law

I live in Fenwick Island. Nothing breaks around here anymore. It seems like they are constantly doing beach replenishment here which kills the sand bars. It's all just a big conspiracy to pump money into the pockets of the Great Lakes Dredging Company.

• Like 2

So is there anything in DE that breaks anymore? I haven't surfed down there in a few years, but I've had some awesome waves at naval jetties, and a pretty consistently rideable waves at Gordon's pond, but last I was down, both of em were replenished and flat. Tower road was almost surfable, as well as IRI, but OC was much better.

So is there anything in DE that breaks anymore? I haven't surfed down there in a few years, but I've had some awesome waves at naval jetties, and a pretty consistently rideable waves at Gordon's pond, but last I was down, both of em were replenished and flat. Tower road was almost surfable, as well as IRI, but OC was much better.

Not with any consistency.

There was a whole month last year I didn't surf at all, Lake Atlantic, day after day of ankle lickers......

When a bigger swell comes through every once in a blue moon, Naval and Henlopen still works but the takeoff is super super narrow, off the new jetty there is random rock that sits about 5 feet and a little to the left, you need to be within 10 or so feet to really get those long rights but every idiot is packed into this super tight area. Mostly if its not complete shit your riding knee high mush for about 15 seconds....