2104-2015 Season Pass info

burton71

Bear definitely pulls their people in from very close to the mountain.  i havent been to Bear since it was Doe, but i applaud them for the effort they do to make the place what it is, in such a borderline climate for a ski joint.  

Not to sound arrogant but you get what you pay for.

Says the guy who has purchased how many passes in the past 4 years?  lol.

• Like 3

You pay half as much as blue for 1/4 the mountain and a shorter season.

Only $120 more if you jump on the blue pass in April. Well worth it.

Good snow, good park, good bar, no GSS...sounds like a hell of bargain for $380.

They did have a longer season than frost last year. But that's not saying much.

PS - Don't mind my hating today. I'm in a mood.

Don't hate on BC, the terrain is what it is. It's SE PA 1000ft vert isn't possible.

I do think Bear is generally run considerably better than Blue though Blue has upped their game the last two years. Bear blows way way way better snow and the grooming is light years ahead of Blue.

Most of the hardcore Bear riders are park people, I'm out of the park game awhile now so correct me if I'm wrong but Bear's park is pretty good and vert/lifts are less relevant then. Additionally the park scene there was generally younger, those kids need a ride from Ma and Pa and they don't want to drive an hour each way so for alot of the bear peeps it's ride there or don't ride at all.

The only hill it's 100% ok to hate on is Huntah........and Mt. Creek on weekends.......shit and anytime somebody says Elk is like VT.

• Like 3

Straight from you favorite mountain's deceptive website ha.  Sounds almost like you've got a ton of vert over there huh?

Truth is you have twice as much vert and twice as much terrain.  Which when comparing two bumps on the grand scheme of things is like  two women bickering over whose got the bigger bust when they're both B cups.

Blue doesn't even really get any better weather cause it's really not a whole bunch farther north.  I mean sure it's fun, but so is BC.

I think the park kids like it so much cause the two main lifts put pretty much everything you do in the park on display for all to see.

Yea about 20 seconds of downhill skiing difference, it's laughable really.   Oh a whole week earlier eh?  You're right that is a very significant amount of skiing time.  I mean if you wanna call that stuff blue blows "snow" then go right ahead.

Resorting to cussin already Douglass??  That's not like you at all.  Settle down fella, we've got about 3 or 4 months til mid-atlantic ski season start, pace yourself.

Johnny law what's your beef about hunter? DMC disagrees. Hunter has the best terrain south of Vermont.

Huntah the physical place is fine, it is however filled to the fucking gills with the biggest bunch of assholes ever assembled on planet earth. It's like all of North Jersey goes to Huntah, they all fucking suck, they are all fucking drunk of bud light and none of them can ski while drunk. Add those people into a very vertical hill in which everything is on top of eachother and each run funnels into about three actual runs and the place fucking blows.

Platty is owned by a cool dude who does dope shit, their terrain is at least equal and they get 1/10000th the crowd. Laslow actually cares that you spend your money there so why not pay him a visit instead.

I'd put Blue Knob in the running for South of VT and there is shit in Western PA that would challenge the best skiers on the planet.

The size of your hill does not equate directly to the proficiency of one's skills...a trip to Deer Valley is all the proof anyone needs of that.

Edited by Johnny Law
  • Like 1

Can you agree that Blue has longer runs and more interesting terrain than BC?

Longer sure, but there isn't anything all that interesting at either mountain from a terrain standpoint IMO unless we get hammered with snow.  I can have just as much fun at both.  I typically just lap the park anyway unless I go to bigger mountains in VT or out west so in that aspect BC is usually better.  

To me, there really isn't anything at Blue to justify the longer drive, more expensive pass, worse snow, and stupid crowds.  I still get up there a few times a year though.

Edited by burton71

I thoroughly enjoy Nightmare, Dream Weaver, Challenge, and Razor's. There isn't much with that pitch anywhere else in PA with that kind of vertical.

The only runs at Blue that I routinely enjoy outside of Sidewinder are Razors and Switchback.  Nightmare and Dreamweaver are annoying because you have to finish up on Paradise.  Challenger is OK for steep but kind of boring after a lap or two.

Biggest issue with Blue are the snow and crowds...especially on weekends.  At BC I can usually session from open till about 1pm on a weekend before the line ups get out of hand and the park becomes gaper central.  Blue is about 1/2 of that before the 6 pack line up is out of control and the trails are too crowded to be fun.  And typically if I'm going to be driving passed BC I'd rather shoot up to Boulder for a much better park.

I don't think it would be possible for me to care less about how much vert I ride in PA lol.  I'm able to ride longer and hit more features at BC than Blue on a typical weekend.

A few times a season I bomb down Sasquatch or Extreme if there is fresh snow or perfect cord, Timberline used to be more fun but is kind of boring now unless it is setup as park like late last season.  Outside of that I just lap the parks on Cascade and Black Bear.  I'd be pretty damned bored just lapping trails at BC, Blue, or any mountain around here unless it was a pow day.

Edited by burton71