2104-2015 Season Pass info

burton71

Why, did you apply and they didn't get back yet???

I'm a fifth year returning employee haha, I better have gotten the job.

On a more serious note though, I took my pic and am holding my employee season pass, so yes I think it's safe to say I got the job.  Good luck if you also applied, it's a fun gig.

Only crappy part is I'm moving to Birdsboro in like two weeks so my drive will be a little longer this year.

Thanks GSS, I wasn't really worried, I've been talking with the new Parks manager over there all summer so I was pretty sure it was a lock.

I probably would have just picked up a bunch of random lift tickets at our ski club auction had I not been hired back haha.

Seriously though, ski club auctions have amazing deals on all kinds of tickets and ski trips.  I'm missing ours this year as I'm heading down to the beach one more time next weekend.

Why, did you apply and they didn't get back yet???

I'm a fifth year returning employee haha, I better have gotten the job.

On a more serious note though, I took my pic and am holding my employee season pass, so yes I think it's safe to say I got the job.  Good luck if you also applied, it's a fun gig.

Only crappy part is I'm moving to Birdsboro in like two weeks so my drive will be a little longer this year.

Limekiln to 662 to oysterdale rd, bump a left at Landis store and another at Huffs Church drops you right off at the Savoy on whatever the fuck road that is bear is on. I ride it on my bike alot, never any traffic way way faster than 422/100.

Predator indeed will be grooming for us again as far as I can tell so far.  Anyone from crew the past few years knows how good that will be.  I mean I'm sure he's not a pro operator yet but I'd bet every dollar I have on that guy being the best park groomer we've had since we lost the old man ;)    No offense Mother Goose, you were a beast in the cat too.

Thanks Johnny, I'll map check that, but it sounds pretty much like the roads I was checking out already, I'm thinking it should be in the 30 minute range or so.

You gonna ride there this year Jibhonk??  I'll PM ya my number if ya are, always fun riding with old crew veterans.

GSS, moving cause renting sucks and I'm going all in with the GF.  Figured it's about time we took the plunge and give her 3 kiddos a stable home to grow up in.  Cheaper options out that way.  Still in berks, sizable house, nice yard, 2 car garage for my toys, and I think I could walk to the rock climbing quarry and a number of quality trout streams.  Not to mention I could drag my kayak to the schuykill for some bass fishing in about 5 minutes flat.

All in all I'm excited to go back.  I mean it's no Beaver Creek, but it should be another fun season at the local mountain.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats hopefully blue isn't littered with BC peeps next week

Not gonna haopen. Bear could have that mountain open sunday but they won't do it I'm guessing they won't open until around December 7-10th. Theres no money to be made before that time as everyone who goes will be a pass holder. It would be nice if they opened black friday, but I doubt they will.

Not gonna haopen. Bear could have that mountain open sunday but they won't do it I'm guessing they won't open until around December 7-10th. Theres no money to be made before that time as everyone who goes will be a pass holder. It would be nice if they opened black friday, but I doubt they will.

If they have the snow they would open for Thanksgiving weekend...that's a money maker of a weekend.

I don't know. I hate to be the downer, but if I've learned anything about bear creek the past 7 years as a passholder, it's that they are more interested in ticket sales than opening early for passholder and maube a small percentage of ticket sales. I'd love to see them open thankagiving, and I'm not putting it past them, I just can't see it happening.

I don't know. I hate to be the downer, but if I've learned anything about bear creek the past 7 years as a passholder, it's that they are more interested in ticket sales than opening early for passholder and maube a small percentage of ticket sales. I'd love to see them open thankagiving, and I'm not putting it past them, I just can't see it happening.

They would get a ton of ticket sales opening Thanksgiving weekend, not just season pass holders.  Every mountain would.  Like toast said, during the early season people come out in droves to get on the snow.

Based on the forecast I would think 1st or 2nd week in Dec is more realistic though. 

For as many years as BB is "open" black Friday, there is an equal amount of years were they havent been.  I put open in quotes, since "open" to BB is Freedom.  you cant make a weekend of skiing Freedom.  For something a bit more legit, you need to probably look at Blue's opening dates.  Normally Frost opens a good two weeks after BB.

Anyone remember the year Camelback "opened" with skiing on the tubing hill?