2014/15 new gear thread.

phillycore

What you get?

What you need?

Where the deals?

I'll start.

I picked up some electric eg2 goggles on eBay

And finally broke down and got a pair of these....

post-1572-14099376896283_thumb.jpg

Got fitted 2 years ago for boots and narrowed it down to the Lange Rs110 W And the Salomon Quest The shell fit for the quest is damn near perfect for me. Out of the box the lange was better but long term I felt that the quest should work out better for me. The cuff unlock mechanism will also help in those times when I'm teaching and need to walk or skate up and down a lot.

With the liner in, these squeeze like a mutha effer. I know this is going to be a long painful break in process.

• Like 1

Pretty desperately need new boots this year. I've got 3 years and probably about 150 or so days in my current ones, with lots of trips out west involving plenty of hiking; liners are shot and shells are cracked.

If I can swing new skis, sweet. I may grip a set of salomon guardians to out on my on3ps and see if I can snag some skins so I've got an AT setup in case we get some snow again this year, but if not, no biggie.

I did get some sweet 3/4 length long underwear things so I'll make sure to wear them every weekend and walk around the lower lot with them and be all euro. Does that get me a test drive if the new BMW?

• Like 2

Toast are you going to buy skins???

Nope. I'm just going to slide my skis back and forth in place for exercise.

I was told I should get the divorce papers ready if another bike or pair of skis shows up before January.....I'm sure I'll buy some jackets and what not, I'm dangerously low of outerwear....

I'm calling bullshit. What, are you down to only 14 difference outfits?! Oh the horror.

ccd83afec270b1463f6e69c6417135a0.jpg

• Like 1

Nope. I'm just going to slide my skis back and forth in place for exercise.

I'm calling bullshit. What, are you down to only 14 difference outfits?! Oh the horror.

Start of season is like back to school, you can't let them see you in last year's shit LOL

Johnny Law u are a rich Philly lawyer. Buy whatever you feel like!!!!

haahah I hung out with alot of actual rich people this weekend, always good to know were you stand.  My wife disagrees and I really like her though to be fair I generally do and she just forgives me later.

I've been looking into getting some sort of one quiver ski for this upcoming season. Looking for something a little wider between 95-100 in the waist, nothing super stiff or soft. Right now I'm riding 181 Armada Ar6's...

Also the new Nike goggles are definitely on my list of things to get. 

Any suggestions on skis will help. Thanks  :wiggle

If you're still riding park and want a good all mountain ski too, I'm convinced an east coast one ski quiver is not possible. My park ski is always gonna have dull edges, and for general all mountain skiing, unless conditions are stellar or springlike, I want sharp edges. That said, on3p kartel 98 should get the job done for ya

If you're still riding park and want a good all mountain ski too, I'm convinced an east coast one ski quiver is not possible. My park ski is always gonna have dull edges, and for general all mountain skiing, unless conditions are stellar or springlike, I want sharp edges. That said, on3p kartel 98 should get the job done for ya

Thanks Justin!

It's definitely hard to have a one quiver ski for east coast use. I'm not into park as much as I use to be, but still find myself going back to the park when I'm bored with just taking regular runs... that being said I probably ride park more than anything. I'll look into the on3p's. How do you feel about the Armada ARV's as being more of a one quiver all mountain ski?

Thanks Justin!

It's definitely hard to have a one quiver ski for east coast use. I'm not into park as much as I use to be, but still find myself going back to the park when I'm bored with just taking regular runs... that being said I probably ride park more than anything. I'll look into the on3p's. How do you feel about the Armada ARV's as being more of a one quiver all mountain ski?

I own 4 pairs of armada's and I hate that ski. Its a medium radius ski that wants to go fast but isn't stiff enough.

Wait for Justo though he has better thoughts.