2014/15 new gear thread.

phillycore

hawx 110? Did you drop down a size that you need to get your bindings adjusted, or are they just running a binding check?

Waymaker carbon comes in 110 but has the touring cuff thing so doubtful, Overload and LiveFit don't come in a 110, Redster and Redster Pro come in a 110 but they are WC boots so again doubtful. Gotta be the hawk....

Doug they will say what model they are on the right side of the boot right under the top buckle....who cares though way to get boots before JH.

Waymaker carbon comes in 110 but has the touring cuff thing so doubtful, Overload and LiveFit don't come in a 110, Redster and Redster Pro come in a 110 but they are WC boots so again doubtful. Gotta be the hawk....

Doug they will say what model they are on the right side of the boot right under the top buckle....who cares though way to get boots before JH.

speaking of the waymaker, atomic' new AT lineup looks sick. Their lead boot engineer posts on newschoolers pretty regularly and has been leaking next years stuff. WTR soles and compatible toes are gonna be everywhere in the next year or two. New pivots have a wtr-compatible toe for next year too.

speaking of the waymaker, atomic' new AT lineup looks sick. Their lead boot engineer posts on newschoolers pretty regularly and has been leaking next years stuff. WTR soles and compatible toes are gonna be everywhere in the next year or two. New pivots have a wtr-compatible toe for next year too.

New tech binding too, apparently three options from a rando style to a beast style.

Somebody on TGR skied the Backland Carbon, apparently its hot shit with insane ROM and lighter than the TLT6. The tech boot market is crazy, everybody is making them with sick components and crazy hike modes. Insane only a little time ago you either had tlt6 or a garmont.

They are in fact Hawx boots...what kind of pissed me off is I told them I'm 5'11...220 pounds..type 3 skier..age 35. Well my DINs were set at 10...and they changed the DINs to 8.5 which I'm not happy about...is that a big difference and is it easy to change the DIN??? Perhaps with a screwdriver in the parking lot at Blue or maybe when atomic Jeff tunes my skis.

Edit: I just looked at the DIN calculator..if I would have said I was type 3+ which I didn't even know existed they would have kept my DINs at 10...SMHerman..

They are in fact Hawx boots...what kind of pissed me off is I told them I'm 5'11...220 pounds..type 3 skier..age 35. Well my DINs were set at 10...and they changed the DINs to 8.5 which I'm not happy about...is that a big difference and is it easy to change the DIN??? Perhaps with a screwdriver in the parking lot at Blue or maybe when atomic Jeff tunes my skis.

Edit: I just looked at the DIN calculator..if I would have said I was type 3+ which I didn't even know existed they would have kept my DINs at 10...SMHerman..

Most shops won't do 3+ and 8 is what that chart says you should be.

DIN is really easy, get a #3 pozi or a big fucking Philips, on the front of the toe piece and on the back of the heal piece dildo look for a big fucking screw. Turn it to whatever number you want, wait for knees to explode

Most shops won't do 3+ and 8 is what that chart says you should be.

DIN is really easy, get a #3 pozi or a big fucking Philips, on the front of the toe piece and on the back of the heal piece dildo look for a big fucking screw. Turn it to whatever number you want, wait for knees to explode

px heel is waaaaay easier to adjust with a hex than a pozi/Phillips. It's tough to get enough torque once you start getting close to double digits.

• 2 weeks later...