Where's the snow?

Sara43

I miss the good old days of Sno Mountain. Sara, I totally remember the days when I went to get a lift ticket and they gave me a wristband with a cartoon moose on it. Those were the days. RIP the moose, you are sorely missed by the PASR community. For a while we actually were beating Blue Mt. the True Mt. in the costumed mascot department, that felt good to have a leg up on those snooty blue mountain regulars. 

The super pipe was cool too. I rode it once and cried tears of joy when I got back to the ground without 33 broken bones. While short, that thing was legit. Very well built but for someone like me it was overwhelming. Pretty cool that the remnants of it were still visible from I-81 in June though. 

When the season really gets cranking, Sara should get together with some of us for some turns and the beers that inevitably follow. Perhaps that will mellow some of the hostility?

• Like 3

Sno's issues aren't just Sno, alot of that shit is Scranton related. You could put a hill up on Mt. Penn in Reading that would be bigger than Bear but Reading is a ghetto so that's not going to end well.

Sno long term has to cash in on those people from NY going to Camelback/blue or JF/BB or maybe CT people though I'd bet they go Catskills.

They have to market themselves as the next Elk, the insider's alternative to the big dogs. Everyone likes elk because they think real skiers go there, that's what Sno needs to do, instead most people don't know they exist and thus they have $$ issues.

When you got $$$ issues you can't be a gambler and blowing this early is a gamble, temps look good but it's entirely possible that from now until Dec 15th it never drops below freezing and then your out 200k or something when you business is already close to maxing out reasonable credit.

I've probably skied 500+ days of my life there and I have been on Long Haul less than 20 times. That thing is brutal.... As for Montage, it will never be a huge success. It has been there for 30 years, and has been poorly managed each year. The new team is trying their best, but they will never have Camelback or Blue type success.

Are there ski house rentals in the area. In my opinion Blue and CB seem to get mostly day trippers, JFBB gets a ton of people who own 2nd homes in the lake harmony area and tons of people who rent places in that same area for long weekends and Xmas week. I'm not sure about elk, but sno seems to far for a day trip. It's 45 minutes from JF.

There are hotels and restaurants at the base. Place is basically in the city.

Word is spreading though. I pretty much tell everyone to go there when i hear them complain about blue or camelback. I hope they get a big cash influx sometime soon so they can legit do something about the long haul. I hate taking two lifts.

I see Montage made some snow the other night, how are the other mountains holding up? I see they still don't have a projected opening date :(

I don't really see any more days with really cold temps at night, does anyone have any idea when they think it would be possible for them to make more snow?