Opening Day set for Thursday 12/18

KCSKI

You have to hand it to them, it appears that they've had guns running non-stop since Friday.  It did not seem like a high quality "snow" on Saturday, but hey it is a base which they sorely need.  Just need to make it though this week's temps.  Cannonball was opened yesterday, grooming was a little suspect(hard to blame) with a lot of whoop-di-doos, which were a lot of "fun" in the poor visibility.  Looks like WL is close, and they've been hitting Smoke, Switch and Highball hard.

Real nice time skiing Cannonball and Boomer today, though it was disappointing in light of the soft bumps on Boomer touted by their website, that they felt the need to close Boomer early this AM to groom it flat. Having the choice between a bump run or groomed run, or even leaving Boomer half bummed ala Barneys would have made for a much more varied experience.

Boomer was great today for the first 3/4's of it. Bottom flat half was chunky and felt like rythmns... Cannonball was groomed well except the second headwall.... Park looks just as bad as it did te first day. Only one rail has an actual lip to get on it. Too old to hit anything, but even if I was young, I probably wouldn't hit anything.... Overall, a nice two hours in the morning. Only saw the Lottie between 8:30-10:30, literally didn't see one other person on either a trail or lift while I was there.

Liftie somehow changed to Lottie.