BC Sad and Lonely

k2king

Time to just block those two then so I don't have to see the useless crap they fill random threads with.

35 year old virgins have to take out their frustrations somewhere. it doesn't have to be here. They get kicked off other of other sites that actually provide some useful information. There is a difference between joking around and being a jackass. No one can take advantage of you unless you let them.

Edited by trackbiker

35 year old virgins have to take out their frustrations somewhere. it doesn't have to be here. They get kicked off other of other sites that actually provide some useful information. There is a difference between joking around and being a jackass. No one can take advantage of you unless you let them.

Trackbiker I think you need a timeout.

You're right, but thats what happens when your manager leaves and park crew is left to set everything up. I know I liked it because I was tired of there being all low level stuff last year.

I hope they get this turned around this year.  You are right, last year was a bunch of easy stuff or weird advance stuff.  And the jumps were either tiny or huge...no in between.  It would be nice to get back to how the park was back like 5 years ago.  All / most jumps having two sized hits and a nice spread of options in both parks.

Burton I think that park build on black bear was only set up as the only park for a total of 2 days.  We did it thursday night and by saturday morning there were 4 easier features on cascade and rails in baby park.  At least it wasn't the only option for weeks on end.

Feel free to post any and all suggestions in here and I will try to relay.  If you think that stuff is too expert you should have seen some of the other stuff that was drawn up haha.  It's a lot the crew that are frequent riders right now giving ideas and most of em are pretty good riders.  I'm sure once we get full swing into the season there will be much more of a variety.

All suggestions and criticism is welcome in here and I will do my best to make your voice heard.

And yes, please for the love of god ban doug at least from this thread.

• Like 1

Burton I think that park build on black bear was only set up as the only park for a total of 2 days.  We did it thursday night and by saturday morning there were 4 easier features on cascade and rails in baby park.  At least it wasn't the only option for weeks on end.

Feel free to post any and all suggestions in here and I will try to relay.  If you think that stuff is too expert you should have seen some of the other stuff that was drawn up haha.  It's a lot the crew that are frequent riders right now giving ideas and most of em are pretty good riders.  I'm sure once we get full swing into the season there will be much more of a variety.

All suggestions and criticism is welcome in here and I will do my best to make your voice heard.

And yes, please for the love of god ban doug at least from this thread.

Cool man glad to hear it.  I'm fine with expert stuff now that the other parks are open. The multiple hits into some of the rails was definitely nice to see and made for some fun options.

One thing I'd love to see again is an up - flat - down setup..  There was one a few years ago made out of 3 of the box rails and it was a ton of fun.

The jump line in black bear is terrible, however the hip jump in cascade is fun to gap.

This, both of them are shit. Push them out and start over before someone gets seriously hurt. I saw 3 people down in the course of an hour tonight while I was there on just those two little jumps alone.

Can you guys be a little more detailed with the criticism on the jumps, it helps us improve how we make stuff.  Too steep?  Too short?  Ungroomed lips??  I hit em both and they didn't seem super sketchy, honestly I thought the hip was more sketchy than the black bear jumps.  I think we just threw those two small jumps in to get something for the kids to air and made em smallish cause of the light amount of snow we had at the time of the build.

Kyle, you know as well as I that if we took out every feature that had injuries on it......well we wouldn't even have a park at all.  Joeys can manage to buy an ambulance ride on just about any feature in the park.

Yup, park crew no longer works out of the yurt as of the beginning of this season.  Worst part is, it still stands, empty and unused.  We tried to give legitimate reasons for needing to use it but I guess the uppers just didn't agree.  We now operate out of one of the maintenance buildings down the bottom.  Honestly I almost didn't come back this year because of it.

Can you guys be a little more detailed with the criticism on the jumps, it helps us improve how we make stuff.  Too steep?  Too short?  Ungroomed lips??  I hit em both and they didn't seem super sketchy, honestly I thought the hip was more sketchy than the black bear jumps.  I think we just threw those two small jumps in to get something for the kids to air and made em smallish cause of the light amount of snow we had at the time of the build.

Kyle, you know as well as I that if we took out every feature that had injuries on it......well we wouldn't even have a park at all.  Joeys can manage to buy an ambulance ride on just about any feature in the park.

Yup, park crew no longer works out of the yurt as of the beginning of this season.  Worst part is, it still stands, empty and unused.  We tried to give legitimate reasons for needing to use it but I guess the uppers just didn't agree.  We now operate out of one of the maintenance buildings down the bottom.  Honestly I almost didn't come back this year because of it.

Did you guys play video games and smoke weed in the Yurt??? Crazy that you almost didnt come back just cause of a Yurt

I personally never took part in any partying in the yurt, who knows what went on in there in the years before my time on crew though.  It's sad but I think that is the main reason they moved us down into a more "well monitored" area of the resort though.    Sucks for the customers though as being centrally located in the park like that actually helped improve ski patrol response time more often than not.  Many times we would hear a crash or thud or just kids yelling from the lift to come out of the yurt and see someone hurt on the hill.  We have many many times been the ones to call ski patrol for injuries and be the first ones blocking lips or jumps while waiting for ski patrol to respond just minutes after an injury.  We aren't certified to help medically but blocking a jump so someone doesn't get landed on while they are laying there hurt is also a big help.

And doug, in a  job I basically work for the enjoyment of being on the mountain and taking part on the crew that brings happiness to so many riders and skiers.  Moving our central workhouse out of the park and into a cement building at the bottom that stinks like pondwater is actually a bit of an inconvenience.

Can you guys be a little more detailed with the criticism on the jumps, it helps us improve how we make stuff.  Too steep?  Too short?  Ungroomed lips??  

The faces have abrupt transitions on them.  Instead of being a smooth, consistent transition they go from mellow to steep right before the lip.  It was causing a lot of people to backseat the jump and eat it.  And the landings didn't really work with the how the jumps sent you.  They are too short and steep.

Edited by burton71

Can you guys be a little more detailed with the criticism on the jumps, it helps us improve how we make stuff. Too steep? Too short? Ungroomed lips?? I hit em both and they didn't seem super sketchy, honestly I thought the hip was more sketchy than the black bear jumps. I think we just threw those two small jumps in to get something for the kids to air and made em smallish cause of the light amount of snow we had at the time of the build.

Kyle, you know as well as I that if we took out every feature that had injuries on it......well we wouldn't even have a park at all. Joeys can manage to buy an ambulance ride on just about any feature in the park.

Yup, park crew no longer works out of the yurt as of the beginning of this season. Worst part is, it still stands, empty and unused. We tried to give legitimate reasons for needing to use it but I guess the uppers just didn't agree. We now operate out of one of the maintenance buildings down the bottom. Honestly I almost didn't come back this year because of it.

They were bhilt horribly. They have basically no landings to them. The landing on the second jump was way to steep for how far the jump sent you, the knuckle on the top jump was more like a drop off rather than being a smooth, rolled transition.

I'm not saying take the jumps out, but it would benefit everyone if they were pushed out and started over. I wasn't saying take everything out that people get hut on but when someone is hurt on the same feature every 3rd time you ride the lift then something is obviously wrong. Jerry's will hit everything and anything, I did not see one solid park rider hit those jumps yesterday most likely because they saw how poorly they were built. There was really nothing park crew could do about it with shovels as it clearly looked like a an issue that stemmed from how they were groomed.

The BC billboard on route 22 westbound between 15th street and cedar crest BLVD is cool there's a chairlift and it says only 15 minutes. Yeah if you are going 80mph with no traffic lights or other cars n

It takes me at least 15 minutes to get to bear from kutztown, and that's with only 1 traffic light in Tipton. There's no way you can make it from 22 to bear creek in 15 minutes even if you hit every green light