Montage 1-2-2015

trackbiker

Sara how has the park at Sno-tage been?

Try Montage and stop referring to it like you are 6 years old throwing a hissy fit because there is a lot of support for the mountain.  It's earned it.  Try skiing there once instead of armchair lift riding the place from behind your keyboard...in fact you can spend the day on the mountain with me if you wish to see the operation.

The park had 25 features on it Saturday AFTER the crappy weather last week, reduced to 19 after the downpour on Saturday night, which will begin a rebuild tonight once again.

• Like 4

Long Haul gets a lot of criticism for not running a lot, but at the end of the day the people that want to use it do, and the ones that don't use the other lifts. Long Haul is the farthest lift away from the lodge and until all of the trails over there are open, it doesn't make any sense to run a lift to nowhere. Last year I timed a ride on long haul to be right around 11 minutes. Not exactly a fast ride, but you get a solid 1000' feet of vert for that, no lines to get on it, plenty of time to drink a good beer, uncrowded trails and glades and almost 800' of tree skiing from there (1000' if you're willing to hike a bit). At the end of the day it services 3 top to bottom trails, or some more if you're willing to cruise in and out and across a bunch of others.

I learned to absolutely love long haul last year. It's an experience. At montage you don't have to rush around to get your runs in before the place tracks out and gets too crazy. A nice relaxed day riding the long haul is fantastic. You hardly see any other people, it's quiet, it's relaxing, it's what skiing is supposed to be about.

• Like 7

I was there 7 years ago

I rest my case.  7 years is a long time ago to base your assumptions on today.    Keep in mind as well no other resort has a lift as long as Montage, with LH just under a mile.  That's a big ride and was there 6 years before the North Face lift.  It was the only way out from the bottom back then if you went Top to bottom.  With the new crossovers Phoebe/Iron Horse is super quick now and not an issue at all.

• Like 2

Since you don't know the layout that well...the bottom of the mountain where Phoebe picks up is a lot lower than the LH lift, so people continue downhill all the way and bypass LH anyway for the most part.  It's 5 minutes to the top/parking lot, turn Left, ski down, across the crossovers, down hill to IH....5 minutes to the top.

I can't change the fact that the mountain is 30 years old or the way the mountain was formed by nature.  LH is used when we are at 100% coverage, (could be this weekend if the snow/cold stays with us this week) when it is needed, and trust me I've seen it completely loaded many times.

Like Schif said, it's used by those who wish to use it.

Also, if you are riding White Lighting, Smoke...the only way out is Phoebe..unless you want to hike UPhill to LH.

Edited by KCSKI
  • Like 1

KC, Just ignore GSS. Anyone who reads just a few of his posts soon realizes that he is a 34 virgin who doesn't have a life and responds to every post here like he is 6 years old. He works for his Daddy and would probably be living in the basement if his father hadn't hired him just so he didn't have to live in his basement. You can figure out pretty quick that he responds to every post on every subject here all day long, so he can't have a lot of responsibility, or even much work, at Daddy's business. Probably doesn't want him screwing things up so he lets him play on the internet all day.

He thinks he has a shot at losing his virginity at karaoke night, but even though he acts like he is 6 years old, he doesn't yet realize that the college girls consider him "Creepy Old Guy."

It's pretty sad when the person who posts the most contributes the least. No wonder there are not many new members on here. We hear how many times he goes potty a day just like a little kid in daycare. His post don't really add any value and I'm sure Blue Mountain would prefer he be banned like he was on Alpine Zone for acting like a 6 year old there.

• Like 6

-  How are the glades (when there is snow)?

The designated glades on the map are very gentle and are a great way to get your feet wet for that kind of skiing. A lot of fun when there is enough snow coverage.

There are some more technical glades on the North Face that are not on the map.

KC, Just ignore GSS. Anyone who reads just a few of his posts soon realizes that he is a 34 virgin who doesn't have a life and responds to every post here like he is 6 years old. He works for his Daddy and would probably be living in the basement if his father hadn't hired him just so he didn't have to live in his basement. You can figure out pretty quick that he responds to every post on every subject here all day long, so he can't have a lot of responsibility, or even much work, at Daddy's business. Probably doesn't want him screwing things up so he lets him play on the internet all day.

He thinks he has a shot at losing his virginity at karaoke night, but even though he acts like he is 6 years old, he doesn't yet realize that the college girls consider him "Creepy Old Guy."

It's pretty sad when the person who posts the most contributes the least. No wonder there are not many new members on here. We hear how many times he goes potty a day just like a little kid in daycare. His post don't really add any value and I'm sure Blue Mountain would prefer he be banned like he was on Alpine Zone for acting like a 6 year old there.

Easy bro..I'm 35 and a born again virgin..if I didn't work for my daddy..I'd prob be a ski area marketing guy. Anyway I'm such a loser that nearly everyday people wanna hangout with me. I was only giving my opinions Trackbiker. I got banned from AlpineZone because I said something political about 9/11...I started many great threads over on AlpineZone including the lunch thread. Oh and college girls think I'm awesome and I'm not creepy. I have never once been called that. The eleventeen year olds at karaoke night are only a small percentage of my fans and groupies. Sure I'm gonna have haters because I'm relevant. My haters tend to be sandy vaginas and wet blankets who take lyfe too seriously. As for responsibilities at work. I run the business. I write checks and delegate work...do alot of mundane tasks like shop around for granite and bronze...it's really cool..pays for my skiing and Lyfestyle

When are we doing a PASR day at Sno-tage????

Johnny Law...2 poops so far today...log it

ahahahha

First when the fuck did this shit become Chaucer, it's all ultimately bullshit, no one ever in say the year 2424 is gonna wonder what trackbiker or JL wrote in the Blue/Montage/I can suck my own dick thread. No one's posts detract from anyone else's posts.

Second reading is an active thing, you don't like his posts don't read them. The universe does not exist to make your stupid monkey brain happy, it and everything else doesn't owe you shit. If you actively seek out shit to get your panties in a twist about, particuarly things that are 100% meaningless you life is going to suck.

Lastly cut the dick waving PA mtn bullshit. It's a bunch of micro dicked dudes arguing about who's dick is bigger. Riding in PA is great, you can be an excellent skier and live here blah blah blah but nobody in their right mind cares about if CB is better than Elk or whatever.

PS SMH, Sick Bird, Ron Paul 2012, 9/11 was an inside job, TITS of GTFO, Rick Astley Bird, Kony 2012..................

KC, Just ignore GSS.  Alpine Zone.

Noted.  Definitly the cheerleader for Blue and for that I respect him and anyone else that supports their home mountain as even I would and do support ALL the mountains that have the audacity to try to salvage a season in what has become a crap shoot of a business, but never EVER put down any other operating resort.  Unprofessional.

Alpine Zone.....just joined.

Noted. Definitly the cheerleader for Blue and for that I respect him and anyone else that supports their home mountain as even I would and do support ALL the mountains that have the audacity to try to salvage a season in what has become a crap shoot of a business, but never EVER put down any other operating resort. Unprofessional.

Alpine Zone.....just joined.

That wasn't meant for you, sorry.

I rode Montage last year in part due to your posts. So although you have to put up with alot of bs it does raise your visibility at the micro level.

The designated glades on the map are very gentle and are a great way to get your feet wet for that kind of skiing. A lot of fun when there is enough snow coverage.

There are some more technical glades on the North Face that are not on the map.

So, which is the north face?  The side with he marked glades?  

Not that there will be enough snow this weekend....just curious.  

and I take it they have a liberal tree policy?