1/3/15...carpet...crowded...snowing

Hey all,

I'm back from a fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 730am a d it was 21 degrees under mostly cloudy sky's. In the house were Atomic Jeff, Toast, Ryan, NMSki, Johnny Law, Justo, Rose, Ty, MBike Mike, Nastar Glenn, Zac and a couple thousand Tom Dick and Phoengs!! Paradise and lazy were both carpets from the start..so smooth but it was a bit of lipstick on a pig as the underlying boilerplate was quickly revealed. Still it was pretty good.

Main Street wasnt great as there were gates for the race team set up on the upper right so it was narrow and just alot of people coming from the top lodge. Lazy mile was crazy mile but was fun and the Falls had some nice snow as well. No serious liftline during the first few hours as both the six pack and quad were running but still with what's up a moderate crowds makes the trails a little silly. For shitz and giggles I counted the number of people I passed on lazy mile at like 945am and it was 60 and that's just the top 2/3...the parking lot was fun and I drank some Dirt Wolf and partway through our parking lot session it started to dump big fat flakes and the snow accumulated fast. The drive home was a little slow and the roads were not that spicy. Looks like mixed precipitation for a few hours and then rain.

JADIP just another day on paradise.

Fun morning despite the limited terrain! Thanks for the Dirtwolf GSS. I had to stop at Wawa to get gas and pee on the way home and I farted perfectly to the beat of the Fine Young Cannibals song "she drives me crazy". Had the giggles the rest of the way home.

• Like 1

Today was 50/50 if the race crew wasn't out main st might have been pretty good.

Next weekend they should have more open which will really help.

Big shout out to NM for the habanero.....going to see the Mexicans later tonight should be perfect.

Tomorrow looks to be an afternoon session, rain should be done around 1

Edited by Johnny Law

It's quite interesting reading other people's accounts of the same terrain. I didn't get first tracks on anything, but paradise fell apart quick. It got pretty chunky with lots of cookies. Trying to set an edge and just sliding like you're on bearings is kinda weird. Lazy wasn't bad with the exception of a few icy spots toward the bottom where the pitch increases. My favorite was Main Street. The bumps were definitely firm, but lower main early on was awesome, smooth, grippy snow that you could really crank out the turns. Once the snow started, conditions got much better. I wouldn't say there was any more than one inch, but it mixed with the man made snow and kept things fresh. We peaced once it switched to a mix around 12:30. Not a bad 4+ hours at blue!

• Like 1

Bumps were great all day from seeded open until early afternoon, then switched to skiing the edges on Main Street and Chute.

Since the racers had the right side of Main Street taken over, once they pulled the gates the snow to the side was nice and soft.

Ended up skiing that until the rain drove us out.

Also the 6-pack was closed for the afternoon. Rumor was that too much ice was forming on the towers, but that made no sense as the quad continued to run.

• Like 1