1/3/15...carpet...crowded...snowing

I went up there tonight with the intention of skiing ice and icy bumps but sadly they were mowed down. I almost left right then when I saw that but decided to take the opportunity to work on some things in my skiing. It was cold and dead and I had the place to myself. Musta been dead all day because I actually found corduroy on skiers left of main st. Legit corduroy almost the whole way down almost. Razors looked ready for me to poach tonight. Seriously it is looking solid. Huge whales on challenge were forming and that shouldn't be too far behind razors. It wasn't ideal tonight but I got some good skiing in and it was better than sitting in front of my tv tonight. Glad I went.

Rode tonight......was crunchy.

Old race trail was total shit, pdise and lazy were ok but main st was awesome. Smooth and wicked fast.

Layer underneath was boiler plate but they threw down a few inches which really helped.

Blowing crazy amounts on razors and tubing. Connectors were going too, no signs of life on Dreamweaver.

Guns on switchback were hooked up maybe there next.

Razors and Burma looked ready to go. I assume they'll finish tubing and then use that capacity for Dreamweaver but who knows.

Weekend should be pretty fucking good. ........Doug cbi

• Like 1

Rode tonight......was crunchy.

Old race trail was total shit, pdise and lazy were ok but main st was awesome. Smooth and wicked fast.

Layer underneath was boiler plate but they threw down a few inches which really helped.

Blowing crazy amounts on razors and tubing. Connectors were going too, no signs of life on Dreamweaver.

Guns on switchback were hooked up maybe there next.

Razors and Burma looked ready to go. I assume they'll finish tubing and then use that capacity for Dreamweaver but who knows.

Weekend should be pretty fucking good. ........Doug cbi

Yeah CBI this weekend. Only been there once so far this season..and three visits to the BMDI...gotta support the local economy..by local economy I mean fly shawty boos with tig ole bitties!!!

I went up there tonight with the intention of skiing ice and icy bumps but sadly they were mowed down. I almost left right then when I saw that but decided to take the opportunity to work on some things in my skiing. It was cold and dead and I had the place to myself. Musta been dead all day because I actually found corduroy on skiers left of main st. Legit corduroy almost the whole way down almost. Razors looked ready for me to poach tonight. Seriously it is looking solid. Huge whales on challenge were forming and that shouldn't be too far behind razors. It wasn't ideal tonight but I got some good skiing in and it was better than sitting in front of my tv tonight. Glad I went.

In a few weeks there'll be bumps on Challenge, Nightmare and Main Street...while tonight was an anomoly I claim Blue mountain the true mountain to be the mogul capital of Carbon county ...

Bumping up both Midway and Chute would force people to use the Vista lift to get over to Lazy and down instead of being on slopes where they don't belong in the first place!

Supposedly it's why they put Barney's on the left hand side of Main instead of the right side where they used to be.

They say it's to prevent collisions on the connector coming down from Come Around and also Chute and Midway.

Unfortunately for us bumpers, the sunlight disappears quickly these days and makes them hard to see.

They'd be much better on the right side of Main Street to get more of the afternoon sun.

Edited by indiggio

People gotta learn how to ski bumps somehow..bump up the falls as well to keep herbs off of it. We all almost killed some

Snowboarder sitting on his ass in the middle of the falls the other day.

Isn't forcing beginners onto Vista chair a good thing? Is Burma open yet?? I'm pretty unimpressed by how slow blue is expanding terrain compared to camelback and jackson frost.

I'm all for bumping up Falls, which by then end of the day it typically is anyway...

We saved a girl the other day from being pummeled as she was laying on Falls just below the top.

We stood at the top so nobody came flying off the lip to land on her.

Why is Crossover a black???

Why doesn't lower Razor's have a name?

Edited by indiggio

Isn't forcing beginners onto Vista chair a good thing? Is Burma open yet?? I'm pretty unimpressed by how slow blue is expanding terrain compared to camelback and jackson frost.

Yes, that's what I meant, force beginners onto Vista chair.

According to the trail map, Burma isn't open yet.

Don't know why they're being so slow to open trails. Typical Blue mentality, I suppose.

Yes, that's what I meant, force beginners onto Vista chair.According to the trail map, Burma isn't open yet.Don't know why they're being so slow to open trails. Typical Blue mentality, I suppose.

Well they need a five foot base to open runs that way when it's 70 degrees and raining in two weeks they'll be fine.

• Like 1

I think crossover is a black cause it leads to double diamond terrain just like why X-ing is a black. It's pretty stupid I blame the guy who runs Blue mountains Facebook page!!!!

Quoted for truth! QFT!!!!!!!!

Atomic Jeff said that you are gonna get kicked off staff if you keep saying that!!!

I think crossover is a black cause it leads to double diamond terrain just like why X-ing is a black. It's pretty stupid I blame the guy who runs Blue mountains Facebook page!!!!

Atomic Jeff said that you are gonna get kicked off staff if you keep saying that!!!

SMH - Shaking My Harmonica!!!

• Like 1

I think that is clearly the correct way to mark trails. If you list a trail that feeds only into black terrain as blue or green, you are going to wind up with people on black terrain who can't handle it, which creates a hazard for themselves and others and leads to them snowplowing down and scraping off all the loose snow.

IMO the purpose of trail markings is really to guide people who are less familiar with the mountain and can't handle more challenging terrain.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

This weekend we will see more. Maybe more for an afternoon opening. I might head up after work tonight to take some turns for an hour or so.

I'll be up around 7 and I believe jeff will be as well....Mt Mik must have been picking up crazy residuals yesterday.....all of the headwall razor guns snow went straight into the fucking woods....

Edited by Johnny Law

Why a Jackson Hole fiend like you would ask this is beyond me. The question you need to ask is why is anything at Blue considered a black diamond.

Trail ratings are based relative to an individual ski areas trails. Honestly when steep jackson hole terrain has good conditions its much more pleasent and easier to ski than when Main Street is all piles of thick crud mixed with boilerplate.