1/3/15...carpet...crowded...snowing

1)  At least blue bumps something.

2)  Yes, they should seed and leave half the falls.  that would be fun.

3)  They should also pick one - chute or that other one....midway?  and leave it ungroomed, or even seed it.

4)  Barney's bumps is better on the other side IMO.  But since it's not....they should continue that lower section all the way down main street.....would be fun to have bumps and the ruts and jumps that develop on the side kind of mixing together...

5)  They should leave half of challenge ungroomed for extended periods of time....

All this is just a fantasy.They know their customer base want's to leave the mountain bragging about skiing double diamonds.  They also know that when it's uber crowded, they need trails skiable by a great number of people to spread out the crowds.  Victim of it's own success.

Like I said, at least they bump something, and that decision pushes our family back to blue a lot.  CB should seed that steep one next tot eh nile mile thing.  JF should seed a few as well.....

Oh well.  

Snowing still here in bucks county.

• Like 2

They usually do leave half of challenge ungroomed and also the falls had seeded bumps during parts of the last two seasons. I'm looking forward to when it gets warm and the ice bumps become nice bumps.

We might end up with an inch of snow. I'm tired as fuck from going out last night...so prob won't go skiing tonight. We are having our office remodeled next Friday and the following Monday which means two extra weekday mornings I can ski at Blue. Wiggle wiggle wiggle. Still gotta get new ski boots...maybe some other gear. I haven't bought socks gloves pants or anything since like 7 years ago but also don't wanna spend $1500 oh well. #skierproblems

They usually do leave half of challenge ungroomed and also the falls had seeded bumps during parts of the last two seasons. I'm looking forward to when it gets warm and the ice bumps become nice bumps.

We might end up with an inch of snow. I'm tired as fuck from going out last night...so prob won't go skiing tonight. We are having our office remodeled next Friday and the following Monday which means two extra weekday mornings I can ski at Blue. Wiggle wiggle wiggle. Still gotta get new ski boots...maybe some other gear. I haven't bought socks gloves pants or anything since like 7 years ago but also don't wanna spend $1500 oh well. #skierproblems

JH coming up better get those boots.....

JH coming up better get those boots.....

I would just not get new boots but if I don't get em before Jackson hole I owe Atomic Jeff $100. I swear he's like the strict dad I never had lol. I just hate shopping. If I could just close my eyes and have all new gear and a couple thousand missing from my bank account id be happy. Shit I've been wearing that same purple polo shirt skiing with gray underarmor that I bought like 7 years ago for like 80% of my ski days.

I don't recall them ever seeding falls??

They do seed the entire left hand side of Challenge though down almost to Crossover.

I don't recall them ever seeding falls??They do seed the entire left hand side of Challenge though down almost to Crossover.

Sorry meant the Chute. The falls used to be a bump run back in the 90s. Not seeded just natural bumps. Anyway the falls is too short to be a decent bump run. Would be like 8 bumps long.

3) They should also pick one - chute or that other one....midway?  and leave it ungroomed, or even seed it.

Seed Chute because it's short and narrow. Can't put too much work to the groomers.

Leave Midway ungroomed, just blow on it periodically.

4)  Barney's bumps is better on the other side IMO.  But since it's not....they should continue that lower section all the way down main street.....would be fun to have bumps and the ruts and jumps that develop on the side kind of mixing together...

Can't run it all the way down past Chute and Midway (unless you mean after letting them bump up too).

Imagine people flying down Chute and/or Midway into a mogul run? Would be entertaining though!

5)  They should leave half of challenge ungroomed for extended periods of time....

QFT!!!

They should also seed Widowmaker from top to bottom.

Edited by indiggio

Indiggio you do realize that like 90% of all skier and riders at Blue don't like bumps or can't ski them. The fact that blue has up to four bump runs is remarkable.

And screw seeded bumps..I prefer natural seedless bumps.

90%, you're way too kind! I'd think it's closer to 99.8%

I agree that natural bumps are better, but with the advent of snowboarding, natural bumps aren't what they used to be.

IMHO, the vast majority of snowboarders that ride at Blue are snowscrapers.

Watch them go down any of the steeper runs, and you'll see them just pushing the snow down the run, exposing the boiler.

Back in the day when there weren't snowboarders and/or Ray didn't allow them at Blue, natural bumps were far more prevalent and much easier to ski.

Indiggio you do realize that like 90% of all skier and riders at Blue don't like bumps or can't ski them. The fact that blue has up to four bump runs is remarkable.

And screw seeded bumps..I prefer natural seedless bumps.

Seeded bumps are great for the zipper line bumpers which are most of the bump heads at Blue.

The majority of the skill set of skiers / riders at blue will not set up rhythmic flowing natural bumps. Look at razors or challenge in late afternoon after a busy day; randomly spaced bumps with long areas scrapped to the cat tracks from fucktarded skiing/riding.

And yes, it is remarkable how blue does have so many dedicated bump runs. There are a lot of new faces from other mountains coming to blue for just that reason

Edited by tarponhead
  • Like 2

The majority of the skill set of skiers / riders at blue will not set up rhythmic flowing natural bumps. Look at razors or challenge in late afternoon after a busy day; randomly spaced bumps with long areas scrapped to the cat tracks from fucktarded skiing/riding.

Haven't heard anyone over 12 use that term. I guess not only are you an immature 35 yr. old virgin, you're also uneducated in that you couldn't think of a better adjective and actually articulate the problem. I'm sure the college girls are impressed by Creepy Old Guy's vocabulary. :dunno

Haven't heard anyone over 12 use that term. I guess not only are you an immature 35 yr. old virgin, you're also uneducated in that you couldn't think of a better adjective and actually articulate the problem. I'm sure the college girls are impressed by Creepy Old Guy's vocabulary. :dunno

I don't think you quoted who you think you quoted. Tarpon's a good dude, and his post was also pretty spot on about the goings-on at blue.
  • Like 3

Rode tonight, was better and worse than yesterday. Better snow, not as smooth.

Who cares because they are blowing the fuck out of the hill.

Razors is ready, Burma is ready, challenge has piles up to the guns. They started blowing on switchback and tomorrow is the coldest night.

After 6 long weeks were going to get a bunch all at once.

Surprising that they've started on Switchback, typically it's left until the very end.

Perhaps because it's supposed to get wicked windy and Switchback is quite protected in there?

Nothing on Sidewinder and/or Nightmare/Dreamweaver?

Edited by indiggio

Ahh to be 35 again...

Nice rant on pejorative slang, time well spent [emoji106]

• Like 5

blowing on dreamweaver now. challenge opening today. burma today. razors/razorback. all good. might go up tonight to get out on the new skis again and hit up some new variety!!!! this weekend should be good!!!!

Let me know if they setup any features on the lower parks.  Haven't decided on Friday yet or not but if they get something setup on central or terrain I'm in. 

Lower park and Central Park aren't open yet. Just Come Around park

I know they aren't open today...but when I spoke to someone up there the other day they said they were going to try and have something by mid to late week.  So just trying to see if they are blowing / building anything on there yet.

I know they aren't open today...but when I spoke to someone up there the other day they said they were going to try and have something by mid to late week.  So just trying to see if they are blowing / building anything on there yet.

they have plenty of snow. still blowing. it takes a day and a half to groom out and set up. I could see something ready by the weekend, but play it by ear and check the website. i might head up tonight and check things out now that more has opened.

Ahh to be 35 again...

Nice rant on pejorative slang, time well spent [emoji106]

According to Trackbiker I'm a loser cause I only have a one bedroom apartment for one person...work in the family business...have a car that's five years old...and party with chicks more than a decade younger than me...

I like the word fucktarded...Tarponhead is a nice guy...that wasnt nice!!!

• Like 1

According to Trackbiker I'm a loser cause I only have a one bedroom apartment for one person...work in the family business...have a car that's five years old...and party with chicks more than a decade younger than me...

I like the word fucktarded...Tarponhead is a nice guy...that wasnt nice!!!

Your Herman is fucktarded.