Jackson Frost real time powder day thread

RidgeRacer

Just got back from frost. Snow was getting heavier as the day went on and the legs were becoming crap. Elevator was OK. Elevator glade was OK also. It didn't take long for the glaze underneath to make an appearance. Happyland was great. Still sketch deeper into the woods. One Park glade was nice. Overall a great freaking day and nice to finally ski some fresh snow. Curious to hear how Blue was today. I'll be back there tomorrow, later in the day or evening. Gotta get the legs ready for CO.

Edited by RidgeRacer

post-1753-0-52332000-1422130382_thumb.jpg

post-1753-0-44213200-1422130419_thumb.jpg

post-1753-0-91779300-1422130437_thumb.jpg

JF skied great today.  it would appear as if they groomed just after closing yesterday, so it was just a wonderland of un-groomed powder everywhere.  As temps started to rise the snow really got packed down, and by noon what wasnt tracked out was pretty heavy.  Trails will be nice tomorrow, but there isnt much left to be had off trail.  Today was the day.  

• Like 1

Today was good.....fresh pow in the am, teaching disco in the afternoon, finishing the day off assisting ski patrol with a woods evacuation off of tbolt glade. Snowboarder vs Rock to the lower back..... That wasn't good.. Open to close, legs shot and used 3 different pairs of skis.....lol.

Edited by phillycore

Today was good.....fresh pow in the am, teaching disco in the afternoon, finishing the day off assisting ski patrol with a woods evacuation off of tbolt glade. Snowboarder vs Rock to the lower back..... That wasn't good.. Open to close, legs shot and used 3 different pairs of skis.....lol.

Bet I know the exact spot.  That glade was really nice - except for one semi-steep pitch.  I was cruising down, really enjoying the snow, hit that pitch, boom, hit a rock hard, double eject onto more rocks.

Really surprising,  The rest of the area above and below had fine coverage.

Daughter and I were there today.  Great day.  Nice snow every where except elevator glade was sketch and elevator was kind of meh.

Super day.

Bet I know the exact spot. That glade was really nice - except for one semi-steep pitch. I was cruising down, really enjoying the snow, hit that pitch, boom, hit a rock hard, double eject onto more rocks.

Really surprising, The rest of the area above and below had fine coverage.

Daughter and I were there today. Great day. Nice snow every where except elevator glade was sketch and elevator was kind of meh.

Super day.

Honestly.......it was at the very bottom where Noone in their right mind would even attempt without 2+ feet of snow. He launched off that huge 3' high Boulder apparently flipped unintentionally and smacked his lower back on the next rock down.

Bet I know the exact spot.  That glade was really nice - except for one semi-steep pitch.  I was cruising down, really enjoying the snow, hit that pitch, boom, hit a rock hard, double eject onto more rocks.

Really surprising,  The rest of the area above and below had fine coverage.

Daughter and I were there today.  Great day.  Nice snow every where except elevator glade was sketch and elevator was kind of meh.

Super day.

I need to agree with PC on Thunderbolt Glade.  i have zero interest in it without tons of natural snow, and at that, i still think its sketchy.  i have seen too many people get messed up in there.  its like thats where they dumped all the boulders they picked up somewhere else.  

Looks like Jackson Hole!

Without the flight!

• Like 1

Honestly.......it was at the very bottom where Noone in their right mind would even attempt without 2+ feet of snow. He launched off that huge 3' high Boulder apparently flipped unintentionally and smacked his lower back on the next rock down.

Ouch!

• 2 years later...