Cecily Tynan

Mess

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I was trying to mimic Johnny styles turns and he skis very slow and deliberate.  You’re welcome and anytime 

You should see me ski moguls. I cant turn for the life o me so I cut across and turn reluctantly hoping I dont fuck up an ACL or something

7 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Yes and I like that you called it a side jawn. Next time my wife asks me who I was talking to I'm gonna tell her my side jawn just to f with her.

Women don’t like when guys joke about stuff like that.   With my ex I once called her a different girls name jokingly and she was pissed.  

is elevator just that side jawn off the right of river shot with the awkward fall line? i don't see it on a trail map. 

The hero route is straight down from the middle of the flat spot above the last drop on Rivershot with some jump turns. The normal person route is entering near the trees on the right side of Elevator (just at the end of the head wall split by the tower above the last drop on Rivershot) then once out in the middle of Elevator either making some turns to get to the bottom, or just looping down and using your speed to loop back to Rivershot where it starts the flat run out.

There is a rocky ledge\rock that may be snow covered on the right side of the hero route, and below you on the normal route. Or you can ski elevator glade to the right of that head wall split by the tower into Elevator into the normal route. AFAIK.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, C1erArt said:

The hero route is straight down from the middle of the flat spot above the last drop on Rivershot with some jump turns. The normal person route is entering near the trees on the right side of Elevator (just at the end of the head wall split by the tower above the last drop on Rivershot) then once out in the middle of Elevator either making some turns to get to the bottom, or just looping down and using your speed to loop back to Rivershot where it starts the flat run out.

There is a rocky ledge\rock that may be snow covered on the right side of the hero route, and below you on the normal route. Or you can ski elevator glade to the right of that head wall split by the tower into Elevator into the normal route. AFAIK.

Props to anyone doing the hero route but most days it is unskiable. I don't mean that as exaggeration, its just the solid icy underbelly of the River Shot snowpack, after all. The normal route is usually the only way down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EdBacon said:

Props to anyone doing the hero route but most days it is unskiable. I don't mean that as exaggeration, its just the solid icy underbelly of the River Shot snowpack, after all. The normal route is usually the only way down.

What's the route where you come into the hero route with speed, send it, then try to double it off a bump in the runout but your heel piece rips out of your ski? I did that one last year. Good times!

9 hours ago, Justo8484 said:

What's the route where you come into the hero route with speed, send it, then try to double it off a bump in the runout but your heel piece rips out of your ski? I did that one last year. Good times!

Years ago when i was still there, and there was a massive snow, i saw a guy send it from the lift tower above the elevator.  i caught the backflip, but didnt see him land.  regardless, impressive.  

• Like 1