Everybody is seeing the light and the light is TS

Are you done instructing at frost after this season philly?

I don't have to be, but I'm definitely thinking that I need a break from it. I have the pass to blue for next season which I can only really use every other weekend with my schedule. I technically could continue to teach at frost on the opposite weekends with the kids and still get more than enough days in to earn my place, including the holiday weekends which I'd be avoiding blue anyway. I just don't think that's what I really want to do though. I want to be able to ski with my kids when they want to go and spend time with them doing other things when they don't. When they go and they're tired or cold or bored or just ready to leave, I want them to be able to. If I'm scheduled for something in the afternoon they're stuck until I can go. Sometimes this really sucks.....for them and for me. If I'm there I am available and ready to work and I'm there from open to close. This takes a lot of the fun out of it.

I do think that I will go back and do it again in the future, when my kids are a little older. Right now I just want to enjoy skiing with my PASR friends and obviously my kids when they want to go.....

• Like 4

my .02 cents   I agree out of the mountains in SE PA Blue is on the top 2, as far as varied terrain and quality of the runs.  I would totally be on the kool-aid, if it were not for  weekend crowds (great for blue doing something right to bring in the crowds) , and the distance from my vacation home in the slums of the poconos (tobyhanna), however blue is one of the closer mountains to my main place in lower Bucks.

I also enjoy the variety that SE PA provides.  

My biggest wish would be that some company would buy a few of these places and create super Pass similar to the epic pass out west.  Each mountain brings something to the plate, and I enjoy that i can choose which one depending on the circumstances and have them within an hour radius.  Holidays, i like places like elk, or jfbb where the lift line is significantly shorter, weekdays(don't get much of these to ride, work gets in way)  I like blue, Camelback.  sometime I like to go to shawnee.   The pocono ski and ride card and the 4th 5th grader program, has given me some freedom to move around without incurring huge costs (thanks ski2livelive2ski for the hookup on that card).  and also some of the cbs local deals.

Someone @ PASR  with enough free time should try to negotiate a deal with the local mountains for such a card (BC,JFBB,BLUE,CB,Shawnee)

Next season I may have to bite the bullet and pick a single mountain, as my son is thinking of joining a freestyle snowboard team.  Blue's freestyle coach truly stood out in that  area, and is weighing in on my decision.  Hopefully going to reach out to a few other coaches before signing on the dotted line.

Edited by larrytbull
  • Like 2

I don't want a combined season pass cause I don't really care for the other non blue spots. I only go to camelback when it's free and blue isnt open. Jack Frost is good for a few runs on Floyd's and the elevator but those lifts are so slow and runs so short. I wish a new ski area was built in the poconos with about 1,000 vert to compete with blue.

Once you ski blue alot you aren't gonna want to mess with Shawnee and JFBB and camelback. I have no interest in a combined pass for the poconos. It's best for the 15 day a year people though who clog the place up on busy days.

Next season I may have to bite the bullet and pick a single mountain, as my son is thinking of joining a freestyle snowboard team. Blue's freestyle coach truly stood out in that area, and is weighing in on my decision. Hopefully going to reach out to a few other coaches before signing on the dotted line.

VIP lines (season pass) takes away the weekend lift line pain, or mostly does. Blue's freestyle program is really impressive. Great vibe.

• Like 1

my .02 cents   I agree out of the mountains in SE PA Blue is on the top 2, as far as varied terrain and quality of the runs.  I would totally be on the kool-aid, if it were not for  weekend crowds (great for blue doing something right to bring in the crowds) , and the distance from my vacation home in the slums of the poconos (tobyhanna), however blue is one of the closer mountains to my main place in lower Bucks.

I also enjoy the variety that SE PA provides.  

My biggest wish would be that some company would buy a few of these places and create super Pass similar to the epic pass out west.  Each mountain brings something to the plate, and I enjoy that i can choose which one depending on the circumstances and have them within an hour radius.  Holidays, i like places like elk, or jfbb where the lift line is significantly shorter, weekdays(don't get much of these to ride, work gets in way)  I like blue, Camelback.  sometime I like to go to shawnee.   The pocono ski and ride card and the 4th 5th grader program, has given me some freedom to move around without incurring huge costs (thanks ski2livelive2ski for the hookup on that card).  and also some of the cbs local deals.

Someone @ PASR  with enough free time should try to negotiate a deal with the local mountains for such a card (BC,JFBB,BLUE,CB,Shawnee)

Next season I may have to bite the bullet and pick a single mountain, as my son is thinking of joining a freestyle snowboard team.  Blue's freestyle coach truly stood out in that  area, and is weighing in on my decision.  Hopefully going to reach out to a few other coaches before signing on the dotted line.

Can't do that here the financials are way different. PA mtns spend alot of money blowing snow and they certainly aren't vail resorts. VR can probably do 200ish to break even assuming reasonable numbers, Blue has to be considerably higher 4 something maybe.

^genius, crowd the trails even more by dumping twice as many noobs on the hill that ride those lifts.

One high speed quad has the same capacity as two double. Yes it goes double as fast but the chairs are also spaced double as far apart. Would be nice for lapping the bumps and switchback!!!!

thedude4Bides I thought you had me on ignore.

Anyway me and atomic Jeff were just talking about this yesterday. It would actually move some people over to the middle of the mountain from the six pack side.

blue would probably use the classic bear creek excuse and say that isnt long enough for a high speed, even though Park City has a high speed lift that is like half the length of bear creek's

I don't think so...it will happen eventually when the Burma and Main Street chairs no longer pass inspection. I think I've been on those lifts about 6 times since the six pack opened in December...if there was a high speed lift I'd ski Widowmaker and session switchback.

looks like we have BEEF!

Fuck Taylor Swift !

Snowboarding sucks !!!

GSS for president !

Rack it, sick bird, ron paul 2012, Kony 2012

(seriously though somebody on Reddit posted a pic of her from when she was 18 or 19.....HOLY FUCK.....she might be crazy but she's one fine lady)

Also nobody here should be on ignore that's weak sauce, settle your differences in the blue parking lot closing party like men

• Like 1

Fuck Taylor Swift !

Snowboarding sucks !!!

GSS for president !

Rack it, sick bird, ron paul 2012, Kony 2012

(seriously though somebody on Reddit posted a pic of her from when she was 18 or 19.....HOLY FUCK.....she might be crazy but she's one fine lady)

Also nobody here should be on ignore that's weak sauce, settle your differences in the blue parking lot closing party like men

You are such an enabler... Shaking my herman...
  • Like 1