I like trains!!! Train thread...

fuck I'm never going to get to sleep. Here is another great one. 1973. This is of the old switcher roundhouse for Lehigh Valley, located in Bethlehem at the eastern end of the yard. It has been demolished, but you can still see the foundation and tracks from each bay. My dad used to take me down here in the early 90s and it was still standing and in use. 

Screen_Shot_2019-10-25_at_10_24.29_PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 10.32.51 PM.png

• Like 2

10 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Here's one to keep @GrilledSteezeSandwich happy since he likes trains choo choo.

Burlington Northern in Bozeman, MT. 1973 from the I-90 bridge.

Screen_Shot_2019-10-25_at_10_50.20_PM.png

TFTI Minneapolis to Whitefish would be a nice train journey...the Amtrak empire builder follows that Root.  Can also start in Chicago or on the west coast in Portland and Seattle.  The longest train ride I ever took was Philadelphia to Orlando....second longest Philadelphia to Atlanta, third longest Amsterdam to Basel essentially overnight. Makes me sad that the last train I was on was at the Denver airport saying goodbye to ski season. 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Shadows said:

You went on a date with melissa? 

i believe they went on 2 back in 07 or 08, one of them was at snotage. i even remember doug telling me about them at blue on a weekday night when i was home on break.  the fact i remember any of this is sad and makes me reconsider my life

Edited by theprogram4
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

i believe they went on 2 back in 07 or 08, one of them was at snotage. i even remember doug telling me about them at blue on a weekday night when i was home on break.  the fact i remember any of this is sad and makes me reconsider my life

Three dates lol. Now I don’t even really go on for real dates...couple yuenglings and shots and I start to look real good. 

Rode the Durango Silverton narrow gauge railroad in 2017. It was great!! The cars were open window so the soot was getting in my eyes. Highly recommended, 10/10. It was just too long at 8 hours round trip.

Fortunately I brought my bike on the train or else would have gone stir crazy during the last few hours.  Rode my bike back to Durango, one of the funnest times ever. The passengers I rode up with were in shock when I was waiting at the train station with my bike. Beat the train by at least a half hour. 

20191028_120711.jpg.9bf6b8f0ff63259878bcb60d947d48b1.jpg

20191028_120654.jpg.6ec331789a125df8396236e42962b6a7.jpg

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Rode the Durango Silverton narrow gauge railroad in 2017. It was great!! The cars were open window so the soot was getting in my eyes. Highly recommended, 10/10. It was just too long at 8 hours round trip.

Fortunately I brought my bike on the train or else would have gone stir crazy during the last few hours.  Rode my bike back to Durango, one of the funnest times ever. The passengers I rode up with were in shock when I was waiting at the train station with my bike. Beat the train by at least a half hour. 

20191028_120711.jpg.9bf6b8f0ff63259878bcb60d947d48b1.jpg

20191028_120654.jpg.6ec331789a125df8396236e42962b6a7.jpg

Nice Salty. I went to Durango 18 years ago with my dad and played golf there.  I actually ended up in New Mexico because flight to Durango was diverted to Farmington @NMSKI

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice Salty. I went to Durango 18 years ago with my dad and played golf there.  I actually ended up in New Mexico because flight to Durango was diverted to Farmington [mention=3489]NMSKI[/mention]

Farmington is a real gem! I played a football game there in high school.