I like trains!!! Train thread...

11 hours ago, Shadows said:

I just read bethlum and heckertown water report for whatever reason. You guys have spring water. We have surface water. Neat.

I just read Philadelphia's! Really interesting stuff. Turns out I'm drinking water from the Schuylkill river!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lehigh & New England coal train heading up the Monocacy Branch in downtown Bethlehem where Musikfest, Celtic, etc are held. This looks to be shortly after many of the buildings down there were demolished and removed. These blocks used to be filled with industrial buildings. Probably early 1960s? 

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For those familiar with the Lehigh Gap, there are foundation remains along the D&L trail right by one of the parking lots. That structure used to be a freight station. These are the first pictures that I’ve seen of that station other than the ones on the information marker at the site. 

BFF73124-37C3-4400-AB37-21C99D07C1A9.jpeg

53E5BD4D-934B-467C-9A88-DD093045E649.jpeg

F13E8227-74F3-43AF-8D59-B93FF31781FF.jpeg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Holy fuck yeah I was watching some livestream footage of the riots in Minneapolis earlier the shit is bananas..the national guard has been called in. 

I was watching it too. I wonder if Minneapolis will still be standing if they acquit that officer.

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I was watching it too. I wonder if Minneapolis will still be standing if they acquit that officer.

No way...I saw the video of them all looting a Target...if a black cop ever unjustly killed a white man I wonder if white people would loot Popeyes chicken and Boost wireless stores.