I like trains!!! Train thread...

1 hour ago, Schif said:

That's wild. Thankfully it happened far enough away from anything else or people, though that kind of stuff burning over a river isn't great either

There is a very large apartment complex and the mouth of that bridge, as well as a huge business park (where my office is out there) about a 1/4 mile away. Lucky it wasn’t anything explosive, could’ve been catastrophic. Tempe beach park and rio Salado park are also right there as well, both parks can be very crowded at times as well. As bad as it sounds, it really happened in a good spot, any further and things could have turned real bad real fast. 

Not specific to trains, but this is how the Lehigh River used to flow at Palmerton prior to them moving the river to build the new 248. In the photo are the tracks of the CNJ on the right, LV across the River, and LNE on the side of Blue Mt. Bottom of photo shows the aqueduct of the Lehigh Canal used to float boats over the Aquashicola Creek.

EE62B779-2B34-4325-8FF7-974FBD481EAD.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Newly built 378 in Bethlum with a new grading of the Allentown spur that runs right by @AtomicSkier's house. I have never seen pictures of this before so I thought it was cool. Big contrast from what the area looks like now. I think this was 1968.

118352787_3807517182609659_3129328665170711657_o.jpg

American Parkway runs in the right-of-way of that line farther west.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...