I like trains!!! Train thread...

2 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

IKEA is in conshohocken...also the place is a shitshow (ikea not malvern)

It is a known fact that malvern is the best suburb though 

Conshohocken is pretty close to Malvern and when I lived in apartments IKEA is where my mom bought me my furniture from.  I mainly go there for the Swedish meatballs and have been tempted to put my Sclong in the mashed potatoes @Barb

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Depends what your definition of close is.  Close like in the same state, then yeah.  

I have to remember than 10-15 mile distances down there take more time..most of my visits to ikea have been from either Allentown or on the way back from doing work in west Chester, philly, south jersey so close is a relative term I guess but I like ikea..the last time I was there they even offered me an extra 5 meatballs for only a dollar...yes please!!!!

Taking the train from Lansdale to Jefferson Station took less than an hour....I always bought the Independence pass..It was like 12 bucks and you could ride any form of SEPTA transportation all day....No worries about traffic or parking....Great for sporting events or anything else you wanted to do in the city..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Oh st Monica’s cemetery in Paoli is one we are at a lot.  The back of it butts up to a railroad.  Reminds me of this monkees song. 

My work building is directly on the other side of the tracks from that cemetery.

1 hour ago, Mixilplix said:

Taking the train from Lansdale to Jefferson Station took less than an hour....I always bought the Independence pass..It was like 12 bucks and you could ride any form of SEPTA transportation all day....No worries about traffic or parking....Great for sporting events or anything else you wanted to do in the city..

Great move but the two downsides I've run into is that the train runs out of Lansdale only once an hour and the last train out of center city is around 11pm which means if you do a baseball game or some other event down in South Philly, or you're going out for a night on the town you really need to plan your whole trip around getting back in time to catch that train. Plus if you've got more than 2 people with you it is actually cheaper to just drive and pay to park. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Schif said:

https://whyy.org/articles/kensington-residents-share-concerns-about-somerset-station-closure-with-septa/

During the meeting, Kate O’Connor, SEPTA’s chief engineering officer of bridges and buildings, said the closure is for necessary repairs to elevators damaged by urine and needles.

Assholes. Glad there aren’t any needles in Blues lot although maybe next season we can get a tattoo artist in the lot. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

https://whyy.org/articles/kensington-residents-share-concerns-about-somerset-station-closure-with-septa/

During the meeting, Kate O’Connor, SEPTA’s chief engineering officer of bridges and buildings, said the closure is for necessary repairs to elevators damaged by urine and needles.

Not surprised. When I used to take the train to center city feces and urine were an almost daily occurrence. That experience probably pushed me into the mountains quicker than anything else.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Not surprised. When I used to take the train to center city feces and urine were an almost daily occurrence. That experience probably pushed me into the mountains quicker than anything else.

When I worked in the city I remember a masturbating bum and a crazy lady that would scream in your face when getting off the El at 39th street.  Fun times..

• Confused 1

When I worked in the city I remember a masturbating bum and a crazy lady that would scream in your face when getting off the El at 39th street.  Fun times..

We used to see a guy master masturbate daily from the office window. He had a nickname..."The Whacker". Then there was the homeless couple who would have sex in front of the Municipal Services Building. Smh
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, antman12 said:

My mom, aunt and uncle just finished their PHI to FL train trip. 26 hours non stop. 

I did that with the JCC travel camp back in 1992...and went to Atlanta the following year on Amtrak.  I sort of want to drive to Harrisburg and take the train to Pittsburgh sometime, I did that as a kid as well.